DNG support with build 10586.164?

test1r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As us Lumia 1020 users won't be receiving the official W10M release, I also installed the Windows 10M Insider build. I'm loving it so far, sure it's not the silky smooth use like with a L930 or L950, but for me it's good enough and at least a way to prolong my Lumia 1020's usefulness.

One thing that has been bugging me though, is the fact that (at least for me) I'm unable to take photos in the DNG format anymore. When selecting 5MP JPEG + 34MP/38MP DNG, the "Saving..." animation keeps looping endlessly when taking a photo and never successfully saves the images.

My setup:
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- OS Build: 10.0.10586.164 (latest available for Lumia 1020)
- Lumia Camera app version: 4.10.0.6 (latest available)

I've checked the forums here, but also elsewhere online and it's not 100% clear to me if everyone is suffering from this issue or if there's a workaround or if it's just luck or....

So with this topic I was hoping to find an answer and make it clear for any other Lumia 1020 doubters out there :excited:

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i have same builds/version as you on my 1020, and i just changed mine to dng mode, and then connected to pc and checked and it has saved the normal jpg and dng file perfectly, also, there was no undue delay when saving image.

rebuild / hard reset would likely work IF dng is paramount to you.

draco76x

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My setup:
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- OS Build: 10.0.10586.164 (latest available for Lumia 1020)
- Lumia Camera app version: 4.10.0.6 (latest available)

I've checked the forums here, but also elsewhere online and it's not 100% clear to me if everyone is suffering from this issue or if there's a workaround or if it's just luck or....

When I first launch & use DNG, same problem as yours, the "saving" was endless then I Power down my phone & restart it & try again.
After restarting, Lumia camera is working fine on the DNG, took some photo & use the apps Rawer to view the DNG photo directly on the phone.

When you install .164, did you hard reset the phone & do a clean installation without recover your backup. The first time I did is recovering from my old backup & got alot of problem even sound audio is not working.
Did a "clean" install & everything is working well.

test1r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At first I updated from WP8.1 to the latest Insider build and after that I performed a reinstall, but I did restore a backup. So maybe I can try indeed to reflash with the recovery tool, update to build 10586.164 and then reinstall without restoring any backup.

EDIT: oddly enough I performed a normal power down just to check if it would help for me. And it did! So for now I'm able to capture DNG files without it locking up. Before I did all of this, I did perform a reset (power + VOL-) but that didn't help. Anyway, hopefully it will keep on working.

Last edited:

test1r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's still relevant for someone, but the following info might be of use if someone still has this issue :).

At the moment I'm running Redstone build 14393.5 and the Lumia Camera app is working fine, including DNG support. I did perform a full reset of my phone prior to installing Redstone though and without restoring a backup. Besides that, I also disabled access to the camera of the Skype/Skype Preview app as I read this might lock/crash the camera access. Before this, usually I wasn't able to use my camera after I had any kind of mobile data/WiFi on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss