Do I need to down grade my developers upgraded Lumia 1020 to Sell it?

manonthemoon

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been a part of Developers Preview updates with my Nokia Lumia 1020 though I am looking to sell it and wonder if I need to down grade it for someone else's use?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No, you don't "need to", just reset it. Of course do mention in your description that it has dev preview.

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe you should flash it back to retail with the recovery tool. As the dev preview is registered in your name. Hmmm good question.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been a part of Developers Preview updates with my Nokia Lumia 1020 though I am looking to sell it and wonder if I need to down grade it for someone else's use?

I would use Lumia Software Recovery Tool and flash the last official. Sell it stock and if the next user wants P4D they can always install it.

You are removing your data and Microsoft Account. I'd do a full withdrawl.

what if you simply opt out and uninstall the dev prev app? will it still be on your name?

Sure. It's linked to your Microsoft Account until you do a reset.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the Lumia Software Recovery Tool also a App in the Windows Phone Store? Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Click the link in the first post here to download Nokia SRT... After you install it will auto-update to Lumia SRT. For some reason Microsoft has not got out a direct download link to Lumia Software Recovery Tool that I can find anywhere yet.

It is a must have if you are keeping with Windows Phone. It detects the model via USB and flashes the latest official OS and Firmware. It will help you recover if your device is ever unresponsive as well.

it's a program run on a computer with the phone plugged in.

but I'd just sell it as is, just make a note of it.

I believe in always undoing any mods on a device which can be reversed before they are put up for sale. Absolutely Do list any mods on a device just as you say. However, there is absolutely no way to know the skill level and understanding of the mod that any buyer might bring to the device.... If it can be removed it is safer for the seller to do so and remove any possible cause for a refund being demanded after delivery.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
My opinion, better to flash a stable version before you sell it out. Using Nokia recovery tool, you just need to plug the phone & click the istall button.

manonthemoon

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for everyone's help. I want to sell a phone that, yes can't come back to haunt me and as not to give them a bad impression of the Windows Phone platform simply because they couldn't get it to work on their account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss