Do Microsoft stores help ppl with out of warranty phones?

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Nokia did it for out of warranty phone with a small fee.
As MS is now the owner, hoping they are continuing the trend by charging a small fee.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see why they won't repair or replace a damaged device for a likely hefty fee. It'll probably vary depending on location, who's working there, etc.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't really see why they won't repair or replace a damaged device for a likely hefty fee. It'll probably vary depending on location, who's working there, etc.

I wasn't exactly speaking of getting a repair from damage. I was speaking more along the lines of defect, such as a 1520 that is all of a sudden having ghost taps, or an ICON with a camera that wont turn on, 830 with an in & out speaker, etc.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't exactly speaking of getting a repair from damage. I was speaking more along the lines of defect, such as a 1520 that is all of a sudden having ghost taps, or an ICON with a camera that wont turn on, 830 with an in & out speaker, etc.

I'm thinking that will really depend on who you speak to. I'd give them a call or something, although defects past the warranty period probably isn't fair game for a free repair. Might get lucky though.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know as well, have a 1020 with bad USB port. Was going to throw it out.

Get a wireless charging back for it, cheap work around. Worst case, the screen is worth maybe $50.

My sister has a 1020 with a broken screen. She lived 10 miles from a store when she bought it but moved and is now about 3 hrs away so she couldn't go in but called instead. They wouldn't fix or replace it with a 1020, they said she could have an 830 as her replacement device but no thanks.

Told her to just wait till fall and get whatever flagship is released. Bought a 635 to hold her over.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Based on my last experience with Microsoft and devices with valid warranties.

Microsoft is having a tough time helping people with warranties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077