Do you buy multiple copies of DVD/Blu-rays?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've recently got a Samsung 51" HD/3D TV and bought a copy of Thor 3D blu-ray, because I wanted to see what the fuss was all bout concerning 3D. It's an awesome viewing experience! Now I've caught the bug. And since I'm a big fan of the recent Avengers movie, I have acquired related tiltes (Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, The Hulk and The Incredible Hulk), opting for 3D where available. Plus, will definitely get the Avengers when it is released later this year.

Here comes my dilemma - I just pre-ordered this:

Amazon.com: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]: Movies & TV

It's a 10 disc set with all the Avengers related movies, which I already own. So I have no intention of unsealing or reselling this. I just want it on my shelf. Why? I don't know! WTF happened to me? I used to be against buying discs, because I thought I would never watch them again. So I always favored renting over purchasing to avoid the money pit. But now, not only am I collecting movies to watch, I am buying multiple copies of each to keep them sealed, just because. Well, to be clear, I don't intend to buy multiple copies of all movies. Just the ones I'm obssesed with, which is only the Avengers right now.

How many of you out there have a similar addiction, OCD? How many of you are going to buy this particular set? Do I need help?

EDIT:
And now I just added this to my pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1669229

This one is to open and watch...

Fraaaaaak... I need to stay off amazon... I might start dipping into my kid's college fund... LOL

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Don't buy too many. Movies will soon come embedded on a chip placed in a card the size of a credit card. :D

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Don't buy too many. Movies will soon come embedded on a chip placed in a card the size of a credit card. :D

Hahaha! That's exactly what I was thinking about. DVDs/Blu-rays will eventually be replaced with something else. I'm guessing it's going the way of the CDs - digital downloads.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha! That's exactly what I was thinking about. DVDs/Blu-rays will eventually be replaced with something else. I'm guessing it's going the way of the CDs - digital downloads.

It wasn't that long ago that Laserdisc were the rave. :D

2db5qth.jpg

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I was doing the Netflix's thing for a while, both DVD's and Streaming. I wasn't real happy with it. New/Just Released movies were never available for streaming and it always took a few weeks to get a DVD of a New/Just Released movie, so I gave up on Netflix.

Now if I want to see a New/Just Released movie, I'll either buy the Streaming from Amazon or pickup the rental DVD at Redbox.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My cable company offered me free HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & STARZ for 3 months. I was thinking about cancelling Netflix and putting that money towards a subscription to HBO. HBO has some pretty good series, On-demand (HD/3D movies & HBO Go).

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just get an XBox. I use Netflix and MLB.TV almost every day. And there are several other, non-subscription, movie apps that you can watch for free or starting at $3.99. The YouTube app by itself is amusing. And you can control the functions of the apps with your Kinect. Oh, ad did I mention you can also play games.

Being 50 something, never though I would have an interest in a game console. But now, with all the added programming, I believe every household should have an XBox/Kinect plugged into their primary boob tube.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Just get an XBox. I use Netflix and MLB.TV almost every day. And there are several other, non-subscription, movie apps that you can watch for free or starting at $3.99. The YouTube app by itself is amusing. And you can control the functions of the apps with your Kinect. Oh, ad did I mention you can also play games.

Being 50 something, never though I would have an interest in a game console. But now, with all the added programming, I believe every household should have an XBox/Kinect plugged into their primary boob tube.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

I have an XBox/Kinect & a PS3. Love the Xbox and all it's media content, but been using PS3 more, lately, for Blu-ray 3D and streaming 3D movies from Vudu. And when the NFL season starts, I can get NFL Ticket on the PS3, since this year is undoubtedly going to be a Superbowl year for my Niners!!! :D

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
o man... if all things went by download, my friend in northern BC is going to cry... they pay for their internet per KB lol

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've recently got a Samsung 51" HD/3D TV and bought a copy of Thor 3D blu-ray, because I wanted to see what the fuss was all bout concerning 3D. It's an awesome viewing experience! Now I've caught the bug. And since I'm a big fan of the recent Avengers movie, I have acquired related tiltes (Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, The Hulk and The Incredible Hulk), opting for 3D where available. Plus, will definitely get the Avengers when it is released later this year.

Here comes my dilemma - I just pre-ordered this:

Amazon.com: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]: Movies & TV

It's a 10 disc set with all the Avengers related movies, which I already own. So I have no intention of unsealing or reselling this. I just want it on my shelf. Why? I don't know! WTF happened to me? I used to be against buying discs, because I thought I would never watch them again. So I always favored renting over purchasing to avoid the money pit. But now, not only am I collecting movies to watch, I am buying multiple copies of each to keep them sealed, just because. Well, to be clear, I don't intend to buy multiple copies of all movies. Just the ones I'm obssesed with, which is only the Avengers right now.

How many of you out there have a similar addiction, OCD? How many of you are going to buy this particular set? Do I need help?

EDIT:
And now I just added this to my pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1669954

This one is to open and watch...

Fraaaaaak... I need to stay off amazon... I might start dipping into my kid's college fund... LOL

The kids don't need college.. Buy! Buy!! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahuee