Do you have Windows 10 installed ?

FLJeepGuy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, on four different PCs, two of which were in the Insider program and already on the "RTM" with the other two being upgrades of existing Windows 8.1 installations. Both 8.1 installs failed via Windows Update, but upgraded without problem from the ISO download on a USB key.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My PC upgraded in the background after giving it a kick!

Also upgraded another PC (with a kick), however had fun with my sisters Win7 Starter Netbook; couldn't get Reserve Win10 to work, the dropbox (WC link) wouldn't download (was getting 5xx errors), tried to do the registry tweaks (again WC suggestion) NO.
Only way could get it to upgrade was to download the Media Creator app from MSFT and Upgrade this PC (not create ISO), didn't need to give Licence Key, so would certainly suggest people do it that way!

G.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The whole upgrade process in my opinion is turning into an epic fail, only one machine out of the 7 I've attempted have been flawless with the rest encountering various issue, still have three to go, p**s poor average for a weeks worth of work.

Like I mentioned in another thread... What is one of the most important aspects of an OS, that's right, the install, can't do it, can't use it DUH!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
i3 desktop with enterprise installed via fast ring from 8.1 enterprise, tablet/surface upgraded via reservation, all went without a hitch, mostly apps and drivers on desktop had to be reinstalled other than that, all good. Impressed.Yet to upgrade my laptop though, it is falling apart, quite a number BSOD with various errors pointing to hard drive and RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv