Do you think surface 3 will be a good laptop?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not sure if this device was designed as a tablet first or a laptop first. I'm a little hesistent of its I ternals for things other than productivity and web browsing. But I'm definitely I terrsted in it as a laptop.

So do you think it's going to be a good laptop or is this mostly designed as a iPad tablet competitor? Is it better to just get a pro 3 or other windows laptop?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I had to use it as a laptop I will have no issues.

If I had to use it as a tablet I wouldn't have complaints either.

It's a lot of both.

It's not the most powerful (compared to full blown laptops in its price grade and above, but its got design, portability, quality on its side, so if those are preferable over a bulkier, potentially not-as-long-lived laptop, its an option.

You can do some 3D gaming like GTA, Starcraft II, light CAD work, lighter Photoshop work, etc.
the Surface Pro 3 is the better option if you want bigger, and more horsepower for fancier work.

May want a desktop to do the heavy lifting if you get this to compliment the device, but if I had to use it as my main PC, I think it'll be OK - but the memory options would be the issue.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not sure if this device was designed as a tablet first or a laptop first. I'm a little hesistent of its I ternals for things other than productivity and web browsing. But I'm definitely I terrsted in it as a laptop.

So do you think it's going to be a good laptop or is this mostly designed as a iPad tablet competitor? Is it better to just get a pro 3 or other windows laptop?
I think that it is going to make a better notebook than tablet. Primarily because although the app situation has improved over the last 1-1.5 years, there's still apps missing... of course "missing" is highly subjective. Depending upon your needs you may not find ANY that are missing. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h