Do you want on windows phone 8, a file explorer/manager?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
No. Never felt the need for it. With the Office hub, Music hub, Photos hub and SkyDrive, I done feel the need for a file manager.

Scouzer

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I would absolutely love a file manager that can manage files on my home network.
so when i am on my wifi i can connect to my nas by using username and password and the move, copy and rename files.

Silver Wind

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When Windows Phone and RT become one, they'll probably keep the file explorer they have in RT. Windows RT is a secure platform that allows us a lot of freedom. (we can even explore the app directories, though I never attempted to mod any apps - should be possible). Chances of this being the case is Extremely high, as tablets will need this functionality to remain competitive (and phones would get the benefit too). Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Miomir Arandelovic

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, ability to use any software over any type of file (as in File Explorer or Shell) makes a difference between real computer and a toy. Apple might have its market of users that could psychologically accept iTunes and close systems (I would never keep something like that on any of my devices) but imitating that with Zune etc. already failed. I use Windows devices precisely because of universality and freedom, 25 years ago and now. Not having File Explorer and Command Shell on a Windows device makes it just one of various cheap toys.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but untill MS loosen the restrictions in their API we won't be seeing a decent one.

There are a few already in the store, but none of them actually works as should. Everything is locked down by MS.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
yes... very much, i want a file explorer... imagine windows without explorer, huh !!! i have recently shifted from symbian 5800 mx to WP .. n lots of things WP still in baby steps ...especially with music players ui n features n one touch call, if im in msg inbox ,, im having to come out n go to contact to call that person...it was so simple in symbian.. direct call from inbox...n hardly any option in the tree dots '...' most of the time its just delete or something very mediocre and hardly useful ...if I wanted somthing similar to iphone n android i would hav bought that .. not WP,, its about being different not being similar...thats what made android n ios take off in its early days.. offer more than what the competitors offer..
It's simple. Just tap on the name of your contact on top to show their phones numbers and select "call"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124