Docking and undocking Surface Pro 4 with 2 external monitors setup, how can I do it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Docking and undocking Surface Pro 4 with 2 external monitor setup

My Surface Pro 4 screen stops working when I undock it; it goes dark and flickers at 4-5 second intervals but nothing shows on the display. I want to be able to dock and undock easily and for the displays to switch seamlessly each time between docked (2 external monitors only, i.e. not using the Surface Pro screen) and undocked (using the Surface Pro 4 away from my desk, in meetings, conferences etc.).
I am using a setup with a Surface Dock and 2 external monitors, both Dell 23" P2314H.
Any pointers appreciated.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been doing this for about 6 mos - it is best to have it set to three monitors.
the only issue I have is if I shut down with 3 active and then boot up with just one (at home) and then shut down and go back to work and boot up on the dock (3 again) it will not automatically reconnect to the extended monitors - I have go to settings and reconnect them. Not ideal but not a deal breaker by any means! (DEllS2240M Digitals)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria