Does anyone else's FB Messenger crash on W10M?

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded my 635 to W10M to test it out before I buy the Lumia 950. Since I have updated, I have found that many of the apps I used to use crash fairly often. I expected this on new W10 universal apps like the new FB and MS Messaging, etc, but I have found that it happens on some WP8.1 apps as well. The most egregious of these is the FB Messenger app! It crashes most of the time within 20 seconds of opening it. Once it starts it won't stop unless I reboot the phone. Even then it will only open correctly a few more times. Does anyone else experience this?? Does anyone who has a L950/XL notice this? It is kinda a deal breaker as Messenger is one of my most frequently used apps.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I barely use messenger, but i've not seen it crash on me. Did you do a hard reset after upgrading? It does tend to help quite a bit.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
No crashes on my 640. There's supposed to be new Facebook and messenger universal apps soon ?

Until then have you tried reinstalling?

Sent from mTalk

Lautaro Papagno

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
635 W10 (via Insider) here. Yes, new FB Messenger is slow and crashes. This is the only app giving trouble though, i assume it's related with the 512 of RAM.

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
As of the next to the last fast ring update my Messenger an Messenger Beta barely work. One attempt out of 20, maybe. I've uninstalled both and reinstalled each singularly, but same behavior, it starts to load, white screen waiting for data, then closes. I have to wonder if the fact that it is probably the fattest, greediest, gluttonous resource hog on my phone might have something to do with it. Very frustrating as it is one of my top used apps.

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's the app. Happens on my 640 xl as well. Poor development it's out of beta and still performs terribly

Sent From Lumia 640 XL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro