Does anyone know when the Amazon app is supposed to stop working?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just delete the app and pin the website to your start screen instead. The web site is better than the app ever was.

IJPI

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Got this email today

Hello,

Our records indicate that you have previously installed the Amazon App for Windows Phone from the Microsoft App Store.

We will be retiring the app you currently have on your device, meaning its contents will no longer be updated. You will still have access to the app until 15 August, 2016.

We encourage you to visit Amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser where you will have access to our newest shopping features and customer experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reminder. I disabled auto renew for my Amazon Prime membership. I'll probably turn it back on once I need to shop for a bunch of stuff, but in the meantime it sends a tiiiiiny message.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I received the email from Amazon today and it doesn't say the app will stop working, just that it wont be updated again. Anyone else notice that?

Hello,

We're contacting you because our records indicate that you have previously installed the Amazon App for Windows Phone from the Microsoft App Store. We will be retiring the app you currently have on your device, meaning its contents will no longer be updated. You will still have access to the app until August 15th, 2016. We encourage you to visit Amazon.com on your mobile browser where you will have access to our newest shopping features and customer experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
Robot Check

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb