Does anyone still use a screen saver?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
In Windows 10 the screen saver option is buried within the lock screen settings under "screen saver settings". It still doesn't look like it has been updated since 8.1 or maybe even Windows 7. In this day and age with the quality of displays there is no real reason to use a screen saver anymore like there was in the 1990s.

I wanted to post a poll but the option at the bottom is just a little text box and I'm not sure if i am missing something here or i just don't have that ability.

So, do you still use a screen saver and why or why not?

I don't. I just set my screen to turn off after a given amount of time and then to have it go to sleep. I really don't see any reason to use it and as for aesthetics it just looks dated and boring.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The last time I used a screensaver was when I used Windows 7 back in 2012. I just let me screen get dark after a while and then have the PC go to sleep.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yup, I use the app "NASA Image of the Day" It's free on the store and it changes 5 - 7 days per week. Beautiful pics and educational at the same time. Been using it since WP 7 days.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I quit using one. Just let my screen turn off now at 10 minutes. If I haven't looked at something that long, then I'm away from the computer and a screensaver is pointless. As stated, with modern tech, burn in is not really an issue unless you are using a AMOLED screen somehow.

Last edited:

dgerov21

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Nope,
I usually open a photo at full screen and that's it. Or lock my computer and the spotlight picture with the time and other things is there.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
yeah locking your computer with the spotlight image and you can the time date notifications and all that good stuff seems like a better choice anyways. Screen savers are so Two-Thousand-and-Late.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254