Does Fitbit App Sync on HTC One (M8)?

Orange Cat

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My contract is almost up and I'm considering the HTC One (M8). Does the HTC One support the Fitbit app Bluetooth sync? I believe the Lumia line needed the Cyan update. Is there some update equivalent on the HTC line, or is does the Fitbit sync work out-of-the-box?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I can not answer your question because I don't use FitBit. However, the M8 has the latest phone OS offered by MS so as long as Fitbit has been updated it should work.

A quick email or tweet to FitBit might be the best at getting your answer.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can not answer your question because I don't use FitBit. However, the M8 has the latest phone OS offered by MS so as long as Fitbit has been updated it should work.

A quick email or tweet to FitBit might be the best at getting your answer.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk
Yes, it works just fine.I have the M8 and use it with the Windows Fitbit App and the Flex Fitbit.

timmorris83

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering about the sensor hub built into the M8, kind of like sensorcore for new lumia products. I know the Android version has sensor hub, which acts like a built in pedometer. Is this available with the M8 windows version? I have the Lumia 635, which is awesome with the Bing Health and Fitness app in the way it automatically counts steps in the background. Can anyone tell me if this functionality works on the HTC One M8? Thanks.

jpspiderman

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
Currently Something like Sensor Hub does not exist in the HTCM8 For windows. It has the ability to but they haven't come out with software to take advantage of that yet.

I was wondering about the sensor hub built into the M8, kind of like sensorcore for new lumia products. I know the Android version has sensor hub, which acts like a built in pedometer. Is this available with the M8 windows version? I have the Lumia 635, which is awesome with the Bing Health and Fitness app in the way it automatically counts steps in the background. Can anyone tell me if this functionality works on the HTC One M8? Thanks.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Those of you that say the fitbit works with your M8s... I converted my wife from iPhone to the m8. Shes now complaining about her fitbit not working like it did with her old iPhone. Apparently the iPhone sync was seamless and automatic. Shes not happy that she has to manual sync the app with the flex.

Is this something you guys were doing? Manual sync or is it automatic? I don't personally use those damn things and not too familiar. But I am the resident tech too and Im not hearing the end of it since I told her to get the m8 and save 200 bucks... and get double the ram for her music.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The latest Fitbit app update added the All day sync feature. I have not personally try it due to battery drain concern. But I assume that's what she is looking for.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I found the all day sync. It's on but it does not sync all day. She still has to do it manually. Guys ill report it to the dev.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I just wanted to fill everyone in on my follow up with fitbit support.

I emailed the couple screenshots, advised of steps already taken such as even going as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I get an email response that says I "need to wait for Verizon and Microsoft to release the lumia cyan update". !!!!cyan firmware on an htc m8????

And this is the kind of help we get.???

I responded back clarifying again my model of phone and correcting them on what Lumina cyan is and only for Lumina phones.... haven't gotten a response back.

F..ing dimwits!

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't actually have to manually sync, but I did have to open the app for it to sync. It takes a few seconds before it starts to sync. Fairly new to windows phone, but I think it might have something to do with allowing the app to run in the background? I've sort of stopped using my Surge in favor of the Band anyway.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am using just fine with Charge HR. I personally don't understand need for continuous auto sync since as soon as open app syncs in about 15 seconds anyway. Maybe missing something. Btw, love the Charge HR.

dsinvt99

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the HTC One M8 for windows running 8.1 on Verizon. I downloaded the fitbit app but it just searches for the device (flex) and cannot find it. I synced it my PC (windows 10) just to be sure there was nothing wrong with the device (no problem). the device does show up on my Bluetooth list but when I "tap to pair" it says "can't connect". what am I missing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb