Does the touch cover 2 have the same back felt as the tc1?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I really like the soft and smooth feel of the original black tc1. I'd hate to lose that on the second version. Some people hate it because it feels like it adds thickness, but its fine with me.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I really like the soft and smooth feel of the original black tc1. I'd hate to lose that on the second version. Some people hate it because it feels like it adds thickness, but its fine with me.

I have a red touch cover 1 and it doesn't have felt and isn't soft in any way at all?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the touch cover 2 doesn't have that, indeed. Though I honestly am more worried about those bent parts you can see in the video...I fear the "lets make it thinner" ended up compromising the build quality.
The type cover 2 (I honestly only use the type cover) however seems to still have that fuzzy back.

timanderson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a touch cover 2 (just reviewed on my blog). It has a smooth back and I preferred the fuzzy back. However the keyboard is much better than version 1 so overall it is an improvement (and don't forget the backlighting!).

Tim

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I really want a TypeCover 2. Hoping Argos stock them because anything over ?100 you can 'buy now and pay in six months'. Having just spent ?359 on a Surface 2, I can't afford one full whack at the moment, so I'm suck with my TouchCover 1!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a black and blue tc1, and I really preferred the fuzzy black back. The slicker blue seemed to get discolorations smudges that wouldn't go away. I hope they fixed that aspect.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Type Cover 2 and it doesn't have the fuzzy back the Type Cover 1 has either. Pity. BUT the material used is very smooth, almost like velvet. You can hardly feel the difference to the touch between the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12