Does unlocking your windows phone from your mobile provider,does it switch him to country variant ?

Andrej Vukoja

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if you unlock your windows phone from your mobile provider,does it switch him from your mobile to country variant ?I am asking this because a lot of people complaining that they dont have denim update.And if this is true they should ask its mobile provider to unlock their phone so they can update their phone.If anyone have any knowledge about this it would be great .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Unlocking does not release the phone from the carrier ROM. To do that you would need to flash country variant ROM. So that means you don't get the update until the carrier releases it.

It's been like this since day one. My phone is locked to the worst carrier in the UK.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No. An unlocked AT&T device remains an AT&T device. You can just use it on other networks. Making it a country variant requires the user to flash a different (but compatible) ROM.
Edit: damn, LaRue was faster again...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I used to be with the worst US carrier, Verizon Wireless the anti Windows Phone carrier. T-Mobile isn't much better (my current carrier).

I have a phone on EE. When updates start rolling out I wonder how many months I'll have to wait and now with the L920 being long in the tooth I wonder if it will come out at all.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a phone on EE. When updates start rolling out I wonder how many months I'll have to wait and now with the L920 being long in the tooth I wonder if it will come out at all.

With denim being released and how T-Mobile killed support for the 810, makes me wonder if they'll even update my L925. They did the same thing to me with my old HTC HD7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs