Does WP8 add real notifications ?

murgeshj

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The notifications are scattered, it would be better have in one place, may be swipe to right and you have you're notification !!!!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if WP8 has <real> notifications for things such as facebook updates, twitter posts etc.? I've never gotten any notifications other than SMS/MMS in 8 months, even with facebook+twitter installed and notifications turned on. If this is the way, there's a place called Android and I might wanna go there for a cheaper and more powerful phone.

Since no one really answered your question correctly allow me. If you're looking for notifications similar to Android notifications the answer is no.The closest we can get to that on WP at the moment is using the ME tile to tell you that you have a notification (and can show up on Lockscreen) and then using the People app, swiping left and seeing who left what where. You can also pin contacts to start but that can be a bit of a nuisance as you may have many contacts.

But you appear to be having issues with toasts and notifications in general. Now there are topics on this forum covering this issue already but I'll give a quick run down of some of the solutions.

1. Add facebook to your lock screen notifications Settings -> Lock screen -> there's a row at the bottom showing what notifications are currently available on your lock screen
2. Make sure facebook runs in the background Settings -> swipe right -> background tasks -> advance ensure Facebook is here

If you have issues there's only one thing to do. Uninstall your Facebook app and account and start over.
To uninstall the account go:
Settings -> email + accounts -> long press Facebook and delete
Do the same for Twitter

Make sure you uninstall the apps and do a restart on the phone.

When you're installing Facebook and Twitter ensure you follow the instructions otherwise you'll have issues like you have.

This should fix things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz