Doesn't the new iphone 6 (especially the black one) look like a Lumia 925?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
NUSA-PP-Lumia-925-Sectional-att-tmo-07.jpghero_large.jpgI was so startled to see that the new iphone 6, the black one especially, looks so similar to Lumia 925, again the black one (which I own)... except for the curved edges... Wow!! Do you guys see it/think so?

Last edited:

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yesss, I was just about to post this myself. I love my 925 and thought, woah wtf Apple, way to be original. Its funny because the other day a girl at work, who owns the Iphone 5, was complementing the looks of my 925. I hope Microsoft still sticks with the rounded Lumia look for upcoming successors, it looks great and just feels perfect in your hand.

Arun3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope Nokia... err... MS, does a "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" tweet/post, showing the two.. ;-)

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Haha ya that'd be good. It's also funny that Daniel Rubino recently posted "Microsoft should make a Lumia 925 successor now before it is too late," then a couple months later, boom, oh wait, its now an Iphone.

Last edited:

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Totally agreed !
I used to owned a 925 but recently passed it on to my brother because I upgraded to a 1520.
And the edge-to-edge screen design of the new iPhone is a blatant and shameless rip-off of the lumia screen layout on the 925 &1520.
Seriously, nothing innovative about Apple anymore.

Arun3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Totally agreed !
I used to owned a 925 but recently passed it on to my brother because I upgraded to a 1520.
And the edge-to-edge screen design of the new iPhone is a blatant and shameless rip-off of the lumia screen layout on the 925 &1520.
Seriously, nothing innovative about Apple anymore.

Agree... but to give credit where it's due... Apple is going to make NFC payments the norm... Although we had NFC for quite a while... Sometimes, I have to agree when people say, Apple executes things really well...

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, Apple executes things really well...

like the iCloud for example.

I was so startled to see that the new iphone 6, the black one especially, looks so similar to Lumia 925, again the black one (which I own)... except for the curved edges... Wow!! Do you guys see it/think so?

Since the first time I saw it, I though, oh look, it's like 925 and 625 combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I concur as well, there are other subtle additions of other phones as well (all of which have slipped away my half asleep brain :grincry:)

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Today Apple Inc introduced two handsets, the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus. IPhone fans were excited as usual and expecting a innovative product as this was a big launch in a bigger hall than the last iPhone introduction.

After looking at the official ad and some of the new features I can not only say that iPhone 6 lacks innovation but also has copied other products yet again and changed some of its own philosophies.

When the first iPhone was introduced, it changed the mobile phone landscape and I have always given it to Apple for this innovative product. It also had the first move advantage and that's the reason consumers even today think that's best product in the market and lap every iteration of then phone blindly. Below I have mentioned some new features of the new devices and what other OEM's have on offer.

Larger screen: after the introduction of larger screens in some Android devices from Samsung, Sony, HTC handsets, you don't see many people with a tiny device and the larger screen surely had its advantages in our daily computing needs.

Apple Inc on the other hand was adamant that 4" is the correct size for all in spite of fans wanting a bigger device. In Today's event it not only introduced a large 4.7" phone but also a 5.5" phablet to take on the Samsung note category. All this was because of their of the threat posed by Android and Windows Phone OEM's and demands from the fans.

Now where is Apple's philosophy?

Design: Apple introduced both devices today with a Uni-body design where the glass screen merges into the bezel of the phone.

Apple has lifted this design language straight from Nokia Lumia phones. Take a look at the beautiful design of Lumia 800, 920, 925, 930 and the phablet Lumina 1520. All have the same Uni-body design with merging glass. And to say these devices were launched couple of years back. Check out the Lumia 925 and you will see exact similarties

Optical stabilised camera: IPhone introduced the Optical Stabilised camera module in the 'Plus' model. Optical image stabilization is a hardware feature where your photo is less blurred and the videos you shoot are less shaky as the module adjusts itself mechanically to compensate for the hand shakes during the shoot.

Nokia is a innovator in the image technology and one of the leaders if not the leader. It introduced Optical Image Stabilization in its phones in 2012 when it introduced Lumia 920 and then Lumia 1020 which is still the king in the camera phones category.

Battery: battery has always been a weak point in the IPhones and this problem still continues. Apple promises 50 hours of music playback for the IPhone 6 and 80 hours for the 'Plus' model.

The newly introduced Lumia 930 tops this to give music playback of 75 hours the bigger Lumia 1520 phablet gives a music playback of whopping 124 hours.

User Interface: We have a very similar user interface across all mobile operating system which is icon based. You click on the app icon and you are taken to the whole application. What if you want to look at some information at a glance. For example if you want to know what meetings you have got for that week or the month, you have to click on the Calendar icon and check the week or the month to see what meetings you have got. Android came up with something better which are called 'Widgets' where you can see monthly meetings at a glance without going into the calendar app. But with Android there is a huge battery drain because of this. Windows Phone User interface is different to both Android and IOS and also innovative. Its called the tile interface. You can see information regarding the weather, stock price, calendar events just at a glance on its live tiles without going into the app itself and it doesn’t have drain on the battery as Android does plus it remains as smooth as butter, similar to IPhone's IOS OS.

Apps: There is absolutely no doubt that the IPhone as the best apps and the developers when programming for any apps, target the IPhone first. This is because of the first move advantage and the user base of the customers plus the investment the developers have done in the ecosystem. But recently things have changed where apps and games are developed for IPhone and Android at the same time and then later they are introduced to Windows Phone. Still Windows Phone have all the top 50 apps and many others apps required by the user nowadays for productivity and social.

Price: IPhones come at an astronomical price points which its fans are always willing to pay even though there are similar and better devices in the market at half the price.

Smartwatch: Smartwatch was introduced by Microsoft more than 10 years back but due to it being too early in the market didn’t work out. There many smart watch introduced by Samsung, Sony, Motorola etc. Apple watch is just an answer to the competition. I don’t even want to go into Apple watch as it looked too messy and design was uninspiring. Check out Moto 360 from Motorola and you will know what I mean.

So to sum it all even though IPhone 6 and 'Plus' maybe good quality products but there are many great devices and even better than these in many ways.

Lastly Apple Inc has lost its innovation edge and the features and products introduced today are nothing but a catch up to the competition.

spydaweb

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
It actually looks like some of the earlier iphone designs. Someone mentioned it just after the keynote that it looked like the original iphone and Apple appears to be going backwards in design.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I never thought I'd see the day that Apple would ever again make an iPhone where the screen glass was not flush with the chassis. Steve Jobs would not approve of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers