Don't you think the WP UI overuses/underuses space too often?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my trophy is bad. But what makes it horrible is there's no reason for it. Display is usually one of the biggest battery killers on smartphones but on wp7, there's virtually no display. There's no bloatware. There's no giant clock or weather apps constantly pulling data. There's no large amount of memory. There's maybe one or two apps running in the background, and you couldn't have too many even if you wanted because the phone doesn't allow you to (which is good, but apparently doesn't help anything). There's a no frills camera and there are very little advanced settings or features.. If there was more going on under the hood, and the battery was bad, it would still suck but at least I would know why.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my trophy is bad. But what makes it horrible is there's no reason for it. Display is usually one of the biggest battery killers on smartphones but on wp7, there's virtually no display. There's no bloatware. There's no giant clock or weather apps constantly pulling data. There's no large amount of memory. There's maybe one or two apps running in the background, and you couldn't have too many even if you wanted because the phone doesn't allow you to (which is good, but apparently doesn't help anything). There's a no frills camera and there are very little advanced settings or features.. If there was more going on under the hood, and the battery was bad, it would still suck but at least I would know why.

there is a reason for it. Can you give us more information on your setup? Like sync setups, brightness, usage, all those things. I have a good friend with a trophy and his wife has one. He can listen to music for 8 hours. Maybe we can track down what might be causing it.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
In menu/settings- under background tasks, I have HTC hub running. In e-mail, I have 3 accounts with 2 set to hourly and one manually. On the screen I have no tiles that flip except for metro radio which just started flipping with its last update. Screen brightness is set to auto- there is no option for 28 to 30%, which is what I prefer. The low setting is way too dim and med. is brighter than what I normally would use. I have about 40 apps, 2 of which use push notifications (FB and WbP), and are on my screen at the very bottom. As for media, I have about 12 albums in Zune and about 10 games from marketplace. No music,video or picture downloads. Usage- I average 2 to 300 texts a month, and phone calls are minimal. I use Office to write quick ideas or text message drafts and occasionally check FB from the me tile.
I think this is close to the bare minimum..as Ive deleted, uninstalled, and unpinned in the past couple months with hopes to see significant change in battery life.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the UI is great. But I would like the smaller tiles to be live. Not just a number count. But to flip like it would if it was a normal sized tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria