Double tap to wake - safe to use?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, this may seem a strange question. When it comes to double tap to wake can this damage the proximity sensor as it is on all the time? Can such a sensor burn out? Just curious, I know it damages battery life etc but my main reason for not using it to this point has been concern it can damage the sensor it uses.

Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I believe no.

I've used it almost from the day it was made available on my 920 I think (a long time) and it hasn't died.

I wouldn't worry about it - I don't really notice a significant battery hit either.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The proximity sensor emits low-intensity (near) infra-red light to determine nearby obstructions. Being low-intensity, diode burn out (as well as but different from sensor burn out) is not expected within the normal life span of the device.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Awake! Fear! Fire! Foes!"

The call resounded across the Buckland, waking all who could hear. Danger—it did not matter what sort—had come.

Fatty collapsed against the door-bolster, heaving for breath. The mile-long sprint had been too much for him, the hobbit family thought. If they only knew. If they knew what Fatty had seen, they would have frozen where they stood. No bell would have rung.

Black horses. That cursed wind that stole his breath. Pillow-feathers flying, doors broken in, and the blood-curdling scream.

They little guessed the danger. Yet that brave, stuttering hobbit saved the Shire. Until tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte