Downloading Bluetooth Contacts

kalyko99

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 928 and my wife has the Lumia 822. We are able to pair her phone, contacts, history and play music from her phone via the bluetooth connection in our Hyundai Sonata. The vehicle will pair with my phone and play music via the bluetooth connections but will fail to download or sync the contacts and history. I have verified through Hyundai bluetooth support that my phone is compatible for all the functions such as contacts and history plus more, but since my wife's 822 phone does connect with all of these, and other tests we did, it has been determined to not be a problem with the cars bluetooth system but some setting with the phone. We have compared each and every setting from her phone and my phone and still can't get it to dowload the contacts. I have talked with Verizon (our carrier) and there is nothing else they can see that would prevent this from working...so I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this forum as to what could be preventing this from happening. Any thoughts?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a 928 as well. This is a known problem with the Hyundai/KIA lines. I've been working on this for 2 years. There isn't a known cure. It's not the phone. I went on a biz trip recently and had a Cadillac as my car. My phone paired with it just fine and downloaded all the contacts and call history.

IT IS NOT THE PHONE.

If you figure it out, there are tons of Hyundai and KIA owners that would like to know.

kalyko99

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response and I did feel that way also...but even though my wife's 822 Windows phone downloads the contacts, you think it's just a problem with the 928 and Hyundai/Kia?

kalyko99

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
jleebiker.....you said you're having problems and it's been going on for 2 years now...as well as other 928 owners who have Kia/Hyundai vehicles. Can I ask what has transpired where you know that this issue is with the vehicle? My vehicle is but 2 months old now and my first trip to the dealer will be the end of this month and I would love to have some information prior to going to them with my issue. Any info you have would be really appreciated. Thank you

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
jleebiker.....you said you're having problems and it's been going on for 2 years now...as well as other 928 owners who have Kia/Hyundai vehicles. Can I ask what has transpired where you know that this issue is with the vehicle? My vehicle is but 2 months old now and my first trip to the dealer will be the end of this month and I would love to have some information prior to going to them with my issue. Any info you have would be really appreciated. Thank you

Sure. If you go to the Optima Owners Forum (Kia Optima Forum), you can see a lot more info. For me, what clinched it, was that I was on a biz trip recently. I was assigned a Cadillac. I asked the driver on one occasion if I could pair my 928 to the Cadillac's BT so I could use the handsfree phone ability. He said, no problem and lo and behold, I could see that it had downloaded all my contacts and call history. I was so amazed by this. I was calling people via name from my phone over the BT. So changing the car let me download the contacts and call history without making any changes to the 928.

I don't know why the 822 would be different from the 928, but there's obviously a difference. Hope that helps.

kalyko99

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
yes it does...thank you. I have talked with Hyundai Bluetooth people and they say not them...Verizon and Nokia say not them...so I was looking for more info from you and I know know where to look. Thank you, I'll let you know IF I get anywhere...

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The ONLY thing I can think of to test this is to do a COMPLETE reset of the electronics. Completely wipe EVERYTHING from scratch and reload all the software in the car. I don't want to do that though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett