Dual Sim Lumia 650 No Visual Voice Mail?

JeremyBritton

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dual Sim Lumia 650 No Visual Voice Mail

Visual Voice Mail is not to be found in the phone settings of my new Dual Sim Lumia 650. Doing a search only returns info about Lumia 950 Dual Sim's having this issue and that it was fixed with the latest redstone update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/397325-7.htm

Can anyone confirm if this the latest fast ring update fixes this issue for the 650 Dual Sim as well?

I was a member of the developer program on my 1520, though I didn't want to setup my new 650 on the fast ring.

Any feed back would be helpful.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dual Sim Lumia 650 No Visual Voice Mail

You could try an alternate method...

I've long combined YouMail on the web with ISeeVM App on the phone. Great VVM service.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Visual Voice Mail is not to be found in the phone settings of my new Dual Sim Lumia 650. Doing a search only returns info about Lumia 950 Dual Sim's having this issue and that it was fixed with the latest redstone update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/397325-7.htm

Can anyone confirm if this the latest fast ring update fixes this issue for the 650 Dual Sim as well?

I was a member of the developer program on my 1520, though I didn't want to setup my new 650 on the fast ring.

Any feed back would be helpful.

What is your carrier? AT&T? I wonder if you leave a message to yourself, and then dial the "1" to connect to voicemail whether the visual voicemail password might pop up.

I've just received my L650, and am running the normal OS update (164), so I can't test it now.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have VVM on the core OS either but after upgrading to Redstone (10.0.14295.1000), I was able to get it back after checking regular voicemail.

Matthew Frahm

May 12, 2016
Visit site

My wife just got a 650 from Microsoft last weekend and even though we have the update, AT&T says they don't support the 650 and basically are of no assistance whatsoever. I have a single-SIM unlocked 950XL I got from Expansys that works no problem.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My wife just got a 650 from Microsoft last weekend and even though we have the update, AT&T says they don't support the 650 and basically are of no assistance whatsoever. I have a single-SIM unlocked 950XL I got from Expansys that works no problem.

Matthew, Welcome to Windows central.

Until very recently the native VVM baked into the phone App was not enabled for dual SIM phones. Microsoft seems to have fixed that. Glad your wife's dual SIM 650 is getting VVM.

As for AT&T... Yeah, that is a standard line, "We don't support what we don't sell (branded)." Fortunately, you found your way here where we have many knowledgeable and helpful users.

Matthew Frahm

May 12, 2016
Visit site

Actually, my wife's dual-SIM 650 is NOT getting VVM. AT&T says they don't support VVM for that phone, which is unfortunate.

Does Cricket support VVM on the locked 650? We're out of contract with AT&T, so I wonder if it's time to jump ship.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Actually, my wife's dual-SIM 650 is NOT getting VVM. AT&T says they don't support VVM for that phone, which is unfortunate.

Does Cricket support VVM on the locked 650? We're out of contract with AT&T, so I wonder if it's time to jump ship.

A Cricket branded Windows Phone should have the Cricket VVM App in the firmware. You can't get the App on a non-branded Windows Phone, only through their firmware. Fire one up in the Cricket store and check for it.

Be aware that Cricket phones are SIM locked for 6 months without exception and won't take any SIM, even a mainline ATT SIM won't work.

I'm on Cricket right now and love it. If you bundle lines into one plan you start saving a bunch of money. It's definitely worth looking into.

On the phone your wife has now... You can get VVM anytime.

On the web sign her up for YouMail and then on the phone download ISeeVM. It's actually a UWP App so she could have her VVM on the phone or as an App on her computer, tablet, whatever. Works in a browser tab too. Works on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, W10M.

Great 3rd party VVM. I swear by it and will never go back to carrier VVM again. Portable: take it to any SIM, any Phone, any carrier, port it along with the same number or apply it to another number if you switch that out.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I had it on my Lumia 650 until I put in the 2nd SIM. So, now that I have a Tmo and ATT sim in...I no longer have it.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Originally posted by RumoredNow
Originally Posted by Matthew Frahm

A Cricket branded Windows Phone should have the Cricket VVM App in the firmware. You can't get the App on a non-branded Windows Phone, only through their firmware. Fire one up in the Cricket store and check for it.

Be aware that Cricket phones are SIM locked for 6 months without exception and won't take any SIM, even a mainline ATT SIM won't work.

I'm on Cricket right now and love it. If you bundle lines into one plan you start saving a bunch of money. It's definitely worth looking into.

On the phone your wife has now... You can get VVM anytime.

On the web sign her up for YouMail and then on the phone download ISeeVM. It's actually a UWP App so she could have her VVM on the phone or as an App on her computer, tablet, whatever. Works in a browser tab too. Works on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, W10M.

Great 3rd party VVM. I swear by it and will never go back to carrier VVM again. Portable: take it to any SIM, any Phone, any carrier, port it along with the same number or apply it to another number if you switch that out.

And it's amazing when you don't get any notification about voicemail if you have no internet!!! It's so wonderful!!! :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

And it's amazing when you don't get any notification about voicemail if you have no internet!!! It's so wonderful!!! :D

It's not clear to me why you are quoting me to express this?

Cricket? YouMail/ISeeVM?

Why don't you have internet?

I'm just not grasping the specific connection to my previous post. Could you provide a bit more detail?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon