Duo to UK - best to wait for release or import?

Steve Pe

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Very keen on the Duo and would consider importing. Is there anyone from the UK here that has?

I would be concerned on the import charges and how the warranty would work if there was a fault.

Has there been any update on when a International release might take place?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I would be concerned on the import charges and how the warranty would work if there was a fault.

You'll likely get hit with some import charges and VAT, you can find one of the many calculators online to get an estimate. As for the warranty, it has always been my experience that unless you can take the money you would spend on the device out of your pocket and light it on fire right now it's best to not import. Warranty will generally not be honored or you will run into the situation of needing to ship it back to the US for any possible repairs. Perhaps, MS is different and will make it happen within the UK but I doubt it.

Thinkbusiness

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
According to the latest press - release outside US is still a couple of months away at least... People importing from US need to take into account the following:

1. You cannot order if you are not in the US - so the device has to be shipped to a US (or Canadian) address first
2. Those people will have to pay Tax on the device. A 1500 USD device (256 GB) will be 1800 USD after taxes
3. Shipping international priority will cost you another 180 USD (with insurance)
4. Import taxes depends on the country. Those can easily be around 20%
5. In case of issues the device needs to be shipped back to the US for repairs

Possibly when the device is officially released in UK/Europe you will be able to ship it to a location in UK/Europe for repairs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire