Edge is the main problem :(

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok. When I use edge, I get major problems. Especially with complicated pages. The Intel driver keeps crashing and the fan picks up. Maybe it's graphics acceleration? If so. Why isn't the dGPU doing it? I'm speculating. When I use IE, I have no issues at all.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Good it's not just me. Edge ramps up my CPU to 40% and the fan kicks on and the back gets very hot. Strange thing it doesn't happen all the time.

Hardcore1973

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
All the Edge graphic glitches and the graphic adapter that keeps crashing is from the HD 520 chip or drivers being used. I have the exact same thing on my HP Specter x360 Gen 2 with Skylake and my Surface Book. Only fix right now is to use IE or another browser until they fix it. Hope I save someone's sanity on this issue ;)

bhatech

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I got blue screen while browsing YouTube thru Firefox, display driver crashed twice trying to open LinkedIn website on Firefox. My issues were on Firefox, didn't see any issues on chrome or edge till now.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used edge much, but I haven't had any issues in Firefox just yet. I did notice once though that the system wasn't recognizing that it had the nvidia gpu while the tablet was docked to the base. A quick undock/redock of the tablet fixed that (and perhaps a forced scan for new hardware in device manager might also have worked). Ahhh, early adopter bugs. I saw 'em last year with the SP3, too.

So far the only thing that has caused the fan to kick on for me is games. I ran Diablo 3 for a little bit and then hubby ran MechWarrior Online. Both ran beautifully, but I did hear the fan come on and it stayed on for a few minutes even after closing the SB and putting it to sleep.

No blue screens yet here.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here, namely WC and Facebook. I found a temporary solution though.

In the NVidia control panel, you can force Edge to use the NVidia dGPU instead of the Skylake gpu. It seems to be running okay, but I'll report back in a couple of days to see if it seems like a solid alternative. Scrolling, oddly enough, seems smoother when running on Skylake instead of the dGPU

What sucks is that this seems to be killing my battery life. I haven't gotten anything more than 4 or 5 hours out of this Book :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte