Edge now puts notifications in the iOS Notification Center

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I was browsing through my notifications on my iPhone and saw that Edge had put notification of recent news events in the Notification Center. This is new. I like the fact that Edge can now deliver notifications in iOS via iOS's Notification Center, and on my iPhone, I'll go to some of the sites that I've given permission to show notifications on my PC to see if they ask permission to show me notifications on my iPhone. I hope that sites can deliver notifications in the Notification Center via Edge.

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
On second thought, I guess that it is less important to be able to receive notifications in Notification Center from web sites via Edge on iPhone than it is to be able to receive them in Windows' Action Center via Edge on Windows 10 because many web sites have iOS apps that can deliver notifications; still, if Edge can deliver notifications in iOS, that's a good feature for Edge to have.

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
As far as I can tell, Edge is now also searchable via Spotlight search. It seems that my Edge history is searchable via Spotlight search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta