Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
On my Titan my battery would be about 60% by the time I get off work at 5:30pm. I would take it off the charger at 7:30am. I used auto brightness.

On my Lumia 900 under that same that same time frame I am at 45% battery. I set the Lumia display to medium because auto brightness on this phone frustrates me and is to dark most of the time. With moderate usage my phone has been off the charger for 4 hours now and is at 73%.

Anyone else having problems?

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird....I've kept mine on auto brightness because it's the first auto-adjust that's worked for me. I've been down to 20% by 8pm (my day starts at 6:30) and that's with heavy use. on the weekend I used the hotspot functionality, and that was good but did drain the battery more quickly.

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to tell because I am I'm still smitten with it/fussing with it more than my old phone. My daily grind includes 2 half hour bike trips that I track in Endomondo. I wasn't doing that on my old phone. Oh and LTE.

I use auto brightness and it is dark, but I don't mind it. I wish there was a slider rather than just low, medium, and high.

In general though, even on my long days when I have 3 or 4 bike rides tracked around town and am out of the house from 8 am - 11 pm, I still have something left at the end of the day (even if it's not much). And that's all that matters, I guess.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am sure auto brightness would save battery life but if you compare the low setting to auto brightness most of the time auto brightness is darker then low. Just set you phone to low and switch auto brightness on and off and you'll see. I don't know how it could get lower then low...but its annoying. My wife's Focus S doesn't do it and my old Titan didn't either. Enough of that...this is a battery post.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The battery on my handset is awful. Barely any usage (some twitter/facebook/email for about an hour in the morning) at around 8:15AM and by noon/1PM I'm at 50%. I don't watch videos, don't listen to music, brightness is set to low (was on auto), WIFI is on, BT is on.

I really think it's because I'm in a fringe AT&T coverage area and I keep moving between LTE and 4G signals. I just turned off cellular data and will see how the battery acts, but if it's like this all the time, I'm going to have to return the phone.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i get stellar battery life so far, with moderate to heavy usage i'm getting about 22hrs, and with light to moderate usage i get a day and a half.

yesterday i had the phone off the charger all day at work (9 hours) the 90minutes drive to and from work, and then forgot to plug it in last night when i went to bed so a total of about 20 hours and i still wasn't even in the 30% range yet.

i have good hspa coverage at home and have LTE coverage at work, so it could account for slightly better battery life, but compared to my galaxy note, the lumia wins hands down.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The battery on my handset is awful. Barely any usage (some twitter/facebook/email for about an hour in the morning) at around 8:15AM and by noon/1PM I'm at 50%. I don't watch videos, don't listen to music, brightness is set to low (was on auto), WIFI is on, BT is on.

I really think it's because I'm in a fringe AT&T coverage area and I keep moving between LTE and 4G signals. I just turned off cellular data and will see how the battery acts, but if it's like this all the time, I'm going to have to return the phone.

Bluetooth may have a lot to do with it as well. Also, try to keep vibrate off if its not already.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I usually unplug my phone around 8 to go to work. By noon for lunch, it will be 85% or so after minimal phone calls, mostly texting through whatsapp, constant facebook stalking and twittering through teh people hub. Some surfing the net on my phone with data and LTE/4g Connection.

At lunch, i usually start surfing/playing games for about an hour straight and will kill my battery by about 20-30 %. If not, my battery would still be at around 70-75% by the time i leave work at around 5-530. With my samsung focus s, my batter would drain to probably 40% by end of day with lesser use and no live tiles.

So depending on my usage at lunch.

Normal usage during lunch - 70-75% end of work day and probably 40-50% by sleep time
Heavy usage during lunch 50-55% end of work day 20-30%

This is with live tiles for wpcentral, cnn, marketplace, weather, me tile, flixter and push notification for whatsapp. So i got a lot running in the background.

In addition, my screen brightness is always set on high, i dont use auto adjust....Highest brightness or bust.

I am giogn to do push emails constantly just to see if it kills my battery...i want to run this battery to the ground.

So i like the battery compared to the focus S and iphone 4.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Another 1 1/2 hours passed and 58% battery...I am not even on LTE. Also all background tasks are turned off.
Do you have lots of email accounts with push enabled? I found that putting my email accounts to check every 30 mintues helped some on my Focus.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
If you take 5 brand new laptops configured the exact same way and give them to 5 different people, you will have 5 different laptops the very next day and 5 different user experiences. That's just how it is. No 2 phones are going to get the same battery usage based on calling patterns, apps used, texting, picture taking, and so on. The estimates provided by the OEM are just that... estimates under optimal conditions.

Just something to keep in mind as you all discuss this topic. You can find this same discussion on eery forum of every cell phone out there. Its truly the never ending story.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, Bill.

My current voltage is 3.655 and Current (Discharging) is ~120 mA.

This is with Cellular Data on, WIFI connected. No apps in the background, BT off, Brightness low and vibrate off.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I turned off push email for Exchange and switched it to 30 minutes and that's helped me a lot. I get a ton of email. I also have gmail, facebook, twitter and linkedin setup. I don't know how often they do. I turned off WiFi and just use cell data. That helped more also I think. Being on wifi helped with my iPhone, but with the LUmia I think it hurts it, but I'm not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05