EI and google maps

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
OMG!! I gotta say that google maps is just atrocious in IE on the L1520... It constantly freezes and the drop down menu is fracking annoying!!! it's like google goes out of their way to mess with WP.... anyone else have any suggestions on what other maps to use?

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
On your L1520 too? I have this issue on my L520 has well lol.. Try using here maps they are the best available on windows phone :)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
"here maps" seems to work way better so far, I already installed it but forgot I had it... but Gmaps is so badly done in IE on WP... it's TOTALY unusable. also I gotta say that web designers have no future view of what's going on in terms of tablets and smartphones where they don't design websites with tablets/phablets/smartphone users in mind...a lot of websites work like sh!t (ex drop down menu's that only work with mouse instead of touch devices) I mean cmon people, do you not use tablets/smartphones in your own lives?

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I never tried to use ie to view maps on the 1520. I just always used the apps, Nokia Here is great.
I just tried to open bing maps in the phone IE and it just redirected and opened the default app.

I agree, web sites need to do much better for detecting touch interfaces (mouse overs & popouts don't work without a mouse).

kcskumaar

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Though Here maps performance is good, its not up-to-date compared to Gmaps. Its really a constraint who switched over from Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos