MIcrosoft Maps On W10M...Performance?

alichataq85

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Something annoying in the CU maps now (or at least that's when I noticed it) is the focusing and zooming when searching a location and plotting a route to it is all wrong. After asking for directions, the map zooms so far out that the route is just a little line, I need to manually zoom back in to see the whole route properly.

I did that today cause I was going to an unfamiliar area from where I normally travel to.

I forgot to take note about performance but other than above, once I hit go, I put the phone down and I don't notice any issues with performance, I hear the prompts and it's good for me. When I'm stopped, I take a glance at what's coming up and I didn't find anything to complain about for performance.

I am having the same problem. I was hoping the latest update to Maps version 5.1705.1391.0 would fix the issue but it didn't. It is really frustrating.

alichataq85

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Something annoying in the CU maps now (or at least that's when I noticed it) is the focusing and zooming when searching a location and plotting a route to it is all wrong. After asking for directions, the map zooms so far out that the route is just a little line, I need to manually zoom back in to see the whole route properly.

I did that today cause I was going to an unfamiliar area from where I normally travel to.

I forgot to take note about performance but other than above, once I hit go, I put the phone down and I don't notice any issues with performance, I hear the prompts and it's good for me. When I'm stopped, I take a glance at what's coming up and I didn't find anything to complain about for performance.

This issue seems to have resolved for me after my phone updated to the latest operating system version (10.0.15063.414) tonight.

Sardoc Spamfish

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
It's more reliable than it used to be, though it still doesn't seem to handle postcodes in Britain very well. I just go for full addresses rather than postcodes if possible, as it sometimes can show the wrong street.

If you mean updating your position on the map, that's slow as all hell. Tolerable when driving, but unbearable when walking. It updates every what, 50-100 metres? Nowhere near what Google offers.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
It's an utter crap compared to previous maps with 8.1. Half of street names are missing, zooming, juddering issues, no Points of interest, transport and etc. Everything you could possible think of basically... Pathetic. Luckily for me Waze can get me around most the time.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
During the trip, it held on to the half hour of extra time until roughly two hours from the end, when it started adjusting, and I arrived very nearly a half hour before the original ETA. It is doing this for every long trip now. Makes the ETA untrustworthy/worthless. :eck:

I don't know which update did it, but ETA seems to finally be back to normal.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi. How is Maps supposed to work with voice turn-by-turn directions, with the phone locked?

On 29 June I used the app to provide me with turn-by-turn driving directions to the next city, and it worked flawlessly. (I'm in the UK.) With Maps open, I locked the phone and the voice directions came through. This was Fast Ring build 15226.

On Sunday, I had mixed results (build 15228). It didn't work on the way to my parents'; after bringing up the route I started the voice navigation, locked the phone but heard no directions. Upon arrival I unlocked the phone and it appeared to have lost its route.

On the way back it was successful. I did exactly the same. Pulled up the directions to my house, pressed Go to start navigation, left the app open but locked the phone and heard voice direction throughout the journey home.

Yesterday I brought up directions back to my work from a visit I went on, pressed Go to start navigation, left the app open but locked the phone and this time got a notification "To resume navigation tap here". No voice directions were given except when the app was open and phone unlocked.

It's a confusing user experience, I'm doing nothing different, have altered no settings, but the app is behaving differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss