emailing photos in original size on WP8

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
don't go to the SkyDrive app.

Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!

I did as you said, but under auto upload to SkyDrive I have only 2 options: don't upload and upload.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
skydrivephoto.jpg

OK, I've just downloaded this photo from the MMPoweruser site, and indeed it shows the settings rajkumr is referring to. The thing is, I don't have the full settings on my phone, I just have 2 options under Photos: don't upload and upload.

Why is this?

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If you want to upload full res images to SkyDrive when out of Wifi coverage, there's an app in the store called Camera Roll Sync that does what you want.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
my 8X allows me to select 'upload at best quality' which is WiFi only. Your carrier must have disabled the option for some reason even though its WiFi only so would have no effect on their network

That could be it, although as you say, it makes no sense.
Thanks anyhow.

PhotoAnt

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!

This option is not available on my phone. I am in Singapore and Nokia has confirmed this feature is not available for us...as usual.

PhotoAnt

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
my 8X allows me to select 'upload at best quality' which is WiFi only. Your carrier must have disabled the option for some reason even though its WiFi only so would have no effect on their network

I am using the L920 and have the same limitation. It's not by the carrier as I bought mine from the Nokia's appointed shop at retail price.

Similarly, we are still waiting for the Portico update. Different settings in different markets, pretty stupid!

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the portico update and the option for high quality is not there. So it's a restriction based on the region of where your phone was sold.
Solution: If you really want to have a pic with the original resolution saved on skydrive, you can go to your "photos hub", go on the desired picture(s) and choose "save to skydrive". It will upload the picture with its original size in the Mobile Uploads on your skydrive account. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, but what about if I don't want ALL my photos auto-uploaded?! I want to be able to pick and choose which photos I want uploaded to Skydrive, and when, and THEN I want to be able to decide full res or not... is that possible??

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but what about if I don't want ALL my photos auto-uploaded?! I want to be able to pick and choose which photos I want uploaded to Skydrive, and when, and THEN I want to be able to decide full res or not... is that possible??

Open up your camera roll, select the image, bring up menu, save to skydrive.

There is never a need to attach a full size image, and I wish the iphone would not have this option. I want a link to download the attachment, I know dropbox makes this easy...and on our WP8 it is easy to share with skydrive. Every time someone sends me 5 images from their iphone, I want to smack them! This is why I am also happy that our phones don't download images automatically. I call it an idiot control. I would not want to wait 10 minutes for a work email because a friend decided to send me 12 pictures of their dog.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There is never a need to attach a full size image

I assume you mean that the *need to attach* is obviated by the option to send a link through skydrive, and not that there is never a need to *share* full size images. Pretty much any time I share an image with someone I want them to get full resolution.

If MS wants to force us to use skydrive to send full res, then it should be an option under the Share menu. If you press "Share", you should then see "Message, Mail, Skydrive Link, Facebook, Twitter, etc.". Don't force me to upload, then exit Photos, enter Skydrive, drill down through my folders, select the picture, then share it. That sequence basically destroys the entire "integrated" notion of WP8.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I assume you mean that the *need to attach* is obviated by the option to send a link through skydrive, and not that there is never a need to *share* full size images. Pretty much any time I share an image with someone I want them to get full resolution.

If MS wants to force us to use skydrive to send full res, then it should be an option under the Share menu. If you press "Share", you should then see "Message, Mail, Skydrive Link, Facebook, Twitter, etc.". Don't force me to upload, then exit Photos, enter Skydrive, drill down through my folders, select the picture, then share it. That sequence basically destroys the entire "integrated" notion of WP8.

Yes that is what I meant, and you right on the second part as well.

robmif76

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Open up your camera roll, select the image, bring up menu, save to skydrive.

There is never a need to attach a full size image, and I wish the iphone would not have this option. I want a link to download the attachment, I know dropbox makes this easy...and on our WP8 it is easy to share with skydrive. Every time someone sends me 5 images from their iphone, I want to smack them! This is why I am also happy that our phones don't download images automatically. I call it an idiot control. I would not want to wait 10 minutes for a work email because a friend decided to send me 12 pictures of their dog.
Can't agree with that. It's an unnecessary restriction and a hindrance that's all it is. Your email argument doesn't hold either cos you see your emails in preview mode before you open and download the whole attachment.

If this was the way iOS or Android worked no doubt it will be plastered all over these forums as a big advantage of WP over them.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

from the earlier posts, i also experienced pic files size of 2-3MB, in formats of ( 3352 x 2000 or 2448 x 3264 ) in various shooting conditions (day & light).
the biggest size that i ever managed to upload to skydrive is around 6MB (due to post-processing on Nokia Creative Studio)

anyone here is able to capture images with file size above 4MB ??? (in original pic without processing )

also i will like to check, the pics that we upload via the Microsoft Facebook app is in "High Definition mode" or standard mode'

cheers!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb