Emergency!!!

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok for anyone on Tmobile with the Samsung Focus S, I fear that the refarming will not give us 4g, and here's why. Open up "phone" Type ##3282# to enter diagnostics. Then open settings. Under "network type" we only get 2g, 3g, and auto. The refarming hasn't reached my area so I can't test yet. P.S. I'm debranded running 8107 if that changes anything. PLEASE guys test this out, because I don't know if I can continue on EDGE...

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't panic yet. The term 4G is thrown around when it's actually just 3G HSPA+ From what I have read, when T-Mobile coverts to LTE, the 1900 band will be available. It may be 3G HSPA or 3G HSPA+. You'll be fine. :cool:

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Whew what a relief :) You wouldn't happen to know when the 1900 bands (us) get 4g would you? Also will it be everywhere? Thanks in advance, I thought I stumbled upon some sick horror film when I saw it!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Whew what a relief :) You wouldn't happen to know when the 1900 bands (us) get 4g would you? Also will it be everywhere? Thanks in advance, I thought I stumbled upon some sick horror film when I saw it!

No, I don't know. The information came from a couple of articles I glanced at. I think the article linked to tmonews.com or something like that. It definitely sounded like it would be nationwide once they start converting to LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz