Everthing is amazing but wifi

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So after a day with my new SP4, that also has the anniversary update, I've been very impressed by it's performance, stability and battery life.

The only issue I've seen is the 802.11ac wifi performance was really slow. My phone could speed test to 90 Mbps and the SP4 was only able to max out at 22 Mbps. In another room the SP4 was lucky to even connect.

I've tried the registry hack and I'll see how that does when I get home. But I figured the reports of bad wifi would have been sorted out by now. Is this still a normal problem?

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Wifi is not an issue for me. I speedtest at the max connection from my ISP. I remember reading way back (when the unit first came out) that the problem was with certain access points. Not sure if that issue has been resolved.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get to run a test last night with the registry change. My AP is from the Comcast 802.11AC integrated AP. But it seems silly that my phone would be more than 4 times faster.

My Surface 3 also has slow wifi performance.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I finally got around to testing the wifi with the registry tweak. It has gone from 22 Mbps to 28 Mbps. Every other device I have still gets 90 Mbps.

I switched over to 2.4 GHz and I can get about 60 Mbps that way. I guess that's ok. But one end om my house gets so much interference from all the other APs that I have trouble with that spectrum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo