Everyone apparently hates Windows Recall, and yet a bunch of clones of it have already spawned

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
They hate it because it's from Microsoft.
Indeed. I was coming to say that I suspect that much of the reaction is knee-jerk at best and possibly slightly hysterical. I haven't investigated all the details but neither have a lot of the critics, it would seem. I'm sure there will be issues, as there are with any technology, but the fact that people were wailing about privacy without being aware that nothing leaves the local machine is a perfect example of how many hate first and then never actually admit they were wrong when it's pointed out.

Reactions: fdruid

Cmndr_Bytes

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Indeed. I was coming to say that I suspect that much of the reaction is knee-jerk at best and possibly slightly hysterical. I haven't investigated all the details but neither have a lot of the critics, it would seem. I'm sure there will be issues, as there are with any technology, but the fact that people were wailing about privacy without being aware that nothing leaves the local machine is a perfect example of how many hate first and then never actually admit they were wrong when it's pointed out.
We just have to wait for Apple and Google to come up with their versions. Then it will be perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: fdruid

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

You know what? Google came after people hated Microsoft to death, and they played cool, with a cold, faceless image, and people bought into it as a signal of cleanliness, regardless how awful they are in reality with their invasive policies and products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Du40