Exchange Emails Slow to Sync.

vane0326

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I setup my phone to sync with Exchange 2010 emails. Anytime I read and email or Delete an email it syncs very slow with Outlook 2010 on my computer.

iPhones sync pretty fast, BUT why it's slow on my Windows Phone 8? It takes up 20 minutes or more.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone will sync every so often by itself. If you want to sync your actions quicker then as soon as you've read/deleted etc a mail, press the sync button and you'll notice the difference.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The sync process on the Windows Phone is different from the way iPhones and Androids do it. Microsoft ActiveSync doesn't immediately sync changes between the device and the server. Instead, it queues these actions until the next push from the server (when a new email arrives) and performs all the syncs at that time. The only workaround is to manually sync after each action (reading email, deleting email, moving to a folder, etc.).
One word of caution - Microsoft's sync process only syncs the last operation performed on an email. For instance, if you read an email, then move it to a folder and press the sync button, you'll notice an unread email in that folder on Outlook. This is because it only synced the move action and not the read action. To avoid this confusion, you'd have to read the email, press sync (so it's marked as read on the server), move the email to the desired folder and press the sync button again. Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whcrumb