Experience about using Lumia 925 now?

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What's your experience with Lumia 925? Any camera quality downgrade? Performance issues? Bugs? Or whatever related to firmware upgrade

Because I want to buy secondhand Lumia 925 replacing problematic Lumia 720, if I can I want to buy Lumia 1520 if it's cheaper

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I still have a 925 (at&t) and its still a descently good phone. Screen is still nice looking. Camera is great, the high definition microphones still records distortion free audio. I've had it for about yr and some months. I want to sale it, since I don't use it frequently. My 1520 is my everything phone now.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Still working great for me (8 months old) with the latest Denim firmware update. It even paired nicely with my Microsoft Band. And not even a single scratch on the screen w/o any protector or casing (I like it naked LOL). The Lumia Camera app can be a bit slow to start up (Proshot start much faster) but everything works fine hardware and software wise. So far zero problem. Unless Microsoft launch new flagship WP with screen smaller than 5", I'll be keeping this phone for as long as possible.

Skittle Milk

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have and still use a T-Mobile Lumia 925 as my daily driver. Some reviewers say that the dated processor package is really starting to show its age but I just don't see it. I am however considering buying the Lumia 640 when it does finally launch on T-Mo for two reasons and two reasons alone. 1) Expandable storage. 2) Certainty of Windows 10 support. Otherwise this phone is a beast. The screen is gorgeous and the perfect size. The build quality is second to none. The camera is still best in class to include the superior audio recording capabilities and its call quality is stellar.

Jibily

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this is a two year old phone. It runs like a champ for me still. I constantly ogle and drool over the newer Lumias, but I have had no issues with this bad boy save for the mounting of small scratches and dings on the corners due to 2 years of love.

I can't compare the experience to newer phones, but mine still runs like a champ, still takes pictures like a champ... and is still running the best mobile OS.

fpuriandi

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have and still using it since October 2013. Camera, Good. Performance, good. But the phone heated very easily when you running some apps.

Everything went normal until yesterday. Suddenly my phone getting overheat (like very very hot) without doing nothing. I don't even open any apps at that time, and only Whatsapp, Line, Twitter, and email working in the background. Long story short, I decided to reset my phone to factory setting last night. I charge my phone to 100% battery and perform the reset with the phone still connected to charger. After finished the reset, everything still normal. I updated some apps and restarted, and suddenly the battery went down to 30% (WTH). I don't know if there's a problem in my battery or not, but after that my phone getting back to normal.

I don't know if there's a problem in my phone: the OS, apps, or the phone it self. But so far reset to factory setting solved the bug.

Lumia 925 still good as for today, but maybe the newest line up like Lumia 830 could be the better option in my opinion.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Depends how much you plan to spend on a secondhand 925. I find its a bit slow compared to 640.
I've been contemplating getting a 640 Xl but was concerned it would be slower than my 925. Is this not the case?

For the op, I've had my 925 for over a year and it still runs great, my only problem if I had to have one is the battery life, but this could have allot to do with not having service for 8 hours at work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb