Facebook app and Mango

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Will the Facebook app be updated with Mango? The current one pretty much sucks, particularly when it comes to seeing photo comments and being able to post pics on someone else's wall.

Its the one thing I miss from IOS.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

msweston7#WP

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running mango and Facebook is heavily intergrated into the handset although it still misses some key elements in my opinion...
Things it has are.
Post on wall
Chat
Browse through friends pictures (download them)
News feed
Like on comments..
Check in
Events appear in calender and can respond

Things it doesn't have but think it should have...
Accept friend requests
Message a friend or multiple friends.
Birthdays show up in calendar
I haven't noticed any push notifications telling me that someone has commented it just has writing on my live tile no toast message as it were

there could be more but this is what I've noticed and plus this is only a beta mango so there could be more in official release..

for how i use the phone it has all i need to use it without the Facebook and twitter app you can download.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I dont use the FB & T apps anymore the integration in mango gives me all I need. msweston7 you do have Face Book chat in your messaging hub where you can message a friend.

As for the app I would bet it will get an update.

msweston7#WP

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont use the FB & T apps anymore the integration in mango gives me all I need. msweston7 you do have Face Book chat in your messaging hub where you can message a friend.

As for the app I would bet it will get an update.
@Big D5. yea Facebook chat is intergrated into the messages hub, click onto the tile will bring up your threaded texts scroll to the right will bring up the Facebook chat and will show you who is online at the time.. To activate it tho you need to have Facebook connected to your windows live account through the main live website

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The facebook and Twitter app should be updated. They are in need. The FB/Twitt integration in WP7 is incomplete.Twitter integration is pretty horrible. FB is slightly less horrible.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What does IOS and Android have to do with this. I'll just file this as a "matter of opinion". But to me, it's flat out bad. Useful, but still way off.
certainly better than anything iOS and android can offer tho so it's far from horrible. only thing I want left is the ability to accept friend requests and delete comments, the first I can do from the app so it's not a big deal.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear. Facebook intergration now isn't the greatest, and even the current FB app itself is a little buggy (same with Twitter). Thanks for the update 1jaxstate1.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's nice to have live tiles. But I have the Facebook app installed and a Twitter app installed (Rowi). I'm sure MS will improve on the integration, but as it stands...

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's nice to have live tiles. But I have the Facebook app installed and a Twitter app installed (Rowi). I'm sure MS will improve on the integration, but as it stands...

Which Facebook app are you using (or recommend) currently if the integration on Mango is no good? For the Twitter app I'm using MoTweets.:cool:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't get to post from "groups" I'm in. Not from the Facebook app or the people hub? Is this known issue?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that annoys me with the Facebook in the People Hub is you're not seeing all posts. People who turned off app sharing won't have their updates shown. I'd probably guess I'm not seeing 1/3 of the status updates/pictures because of this.

The people I'm close to I got to change their settings, but those I'm not super close to... it's hard to convince them to open things up.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
The one thing that annoys me with the Facebook in the People Hub is you're not seeing all posts. People who turned off app sharing won't have their updates shown. I'd probably guess I'm not seeing 1/3 of the status updates/pictures because of this.

The people I'm close to I got to change their settings, but those I'm not super close to... it's hard to convince them to open things up.

GaMMA - can you tell me which settings need to be changed on Facebook.com to allow me to see posts that aren't showing up? For example, with one friend I see when she posts photos, but I don't see her status updates in the People hub.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one having SERIOUS issues with the Facebook app? Scrolling through the news feed is impossible as it jumps all over the place. Like, I'll be scrolling down to read through the posts and it'll just start jumping around/backing back up, skipping forward, etc.. It's impossible to use after a bit.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one having SERIOUS issues with the Facebook app? Scrolling through the news feed is impossible as it jumps all over the place. Like, I'll be scrolling down to read through the posts and it'll just start jumping around/backing back up, skipping forward, etc.. It's impossible to use after a bit.
Yeah, scrolling through the news feed is really painful. It's pretty much impossible to scroll a long way to read older stuff. I think it's actually worse than it used to be.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
GaMMA - can you tell me which settings need to be changed on Facebook.com to allow me to see posts that aren't showing up? For example, with one friend I see when she posts photos, but I don't see her status updates in the People hub.

It isn't your settings, your friends have to do the following:

Visit Facebook from your computer and sign in.

Click Account, located in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Privacy Settings.

Scroll down to locate Apps and Websites, and then click Edit Settings.

If all your platform apps are disabled or turned off, click Turn on under Apps you use.

From the same screen, locate How people bring your info to apps they use, and click Edit Settings. You'll arrive at a page where you can check and configure the information you want to make available to applications, games, and websites when your friends use them.

Troubleshooting Facebook issues related to privacy on Windows Phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb