Facebook App - Remove Notifications

clareblom

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, hope someone can help.

I updated my Facebook app yesterday, and it's stuck on 6 notifications. If I get a new notification it jumps to 7, I read the notification & it reverts back to 6.

On the Me tile, the notifications are correctly showing as none, as are the notifications on facebook on my laptop.

I've tried uninstalling the app, I've unlinked it from my outlook profile, but nothing works, I just can't get the notifications back to 0.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug in the OS. What you can try doing (this has worked for many others and my self)

Unpin the Store Tile
Open IE and clear history
Reboot Phone
Repin store tile

You won't see the updates instantly. It seems that the store checks once a day. It varies per user. When I wake up in the morning I see my updates.\

So give it 24hrs after you perform the above.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It's a bug in the OS. What you can try doing (this has worked for many others and my self)

Unpin the Store Tile
Open IE and clear history
Reboot Phone
Repin store tile

You won't see the updates instantly. It seems that the store checks once a day. It varies per user. When I wake up in the morning I see my updates.\

So give it 24hrs after you perform the above.
thread is about Facebook live tile, isn't it? :):):)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Whoops, haha. He was talking about the Facebook app, not the Store issue that is all too common.

I've tried uninstalling the app, I've unlinked it from my outlook profile, but nothing works, I just can't get the notifications back to 0.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

It is all the app. I think my "stuck" number was 4 for a while, then moved to 6 for a while...I do not think there is a way to properly defeat it, but I tried two solutions at once and don't know which worked!

What I did, was went to my FB on the computer and tried to find every old notification I could, as some may have still not been marked as read. I think there is an issue with that. I couldn't do it from the app as the app's notification list didn't go back as far as the desktop version.

I also think since I uninstalled the Beta and just updated that everything is working a little better.

betohmb

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
For awhile, my Facebook push notifications were working just fine until I had updated to Jelly Bean. I tried everything.. to clearing cache, data, uninstalling, and even the BlackBerry trick again (worked once before) and couldn't for the life of me figure out why they weren't working anymore. I thought maybe it was Facebook clashing with JB. I read everywhere and found out some people had no issues and some had some where every push notifications didn't work and some just Facebook.

Well I spend a day or so trying to figure it out and finally found a new, simple fix.

1) Open the Facebook app.
2) Tap on menu button on the top left
3) Account > Account Settings
4) Apps and Websites
5) Clear out Facebook related apps (Like Friendcaster or HTC Sense)
6) Clear data on the Facebook app and launch app

I noticed some off the apps in there have a push notification toggle button and I believe it was messing up the push notification system of there was to many to keep up with.

Once I spent 20 mins clearing those apps out, I cleared data and started the app notifications started working again. I didn't know it worked until someone wrote on my wall and I was shocked to see a notification!

betohmb

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
This make sense if you have so many app active on your facebook account I hv deleted all and started over. ;) and notification msg and fb app on my Lumia us working now with some delay but is working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss