Facebook notifications not working properly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey,

since quite some time I regularly receive notifications (push and live tile) saying that I have a couple of new notifications even though I didn't really get any. Right now my live tile is stuck saying I received 10 new notifications. Nothing really new happened in the app though (right now I use the official Facebook Beta but that problem occured with the MS Facebook App as well).
I also receive push notifications saying that someone updated their status or something similar. Those notifications are pretty random. Sometimes their actal status update was days ago, sometimes it's from people I added but don't really follow too.

Anyone else having these problems or can tell me how I can get rid of it without turning all notifications off? I still want to get them but only if something related to my profile happended or if someone updated their status and I specifically said I want to receive notifications if they do so.

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

since quite some time I regularly receive notifications (push and live tile) saying that I have a couple of new notifications even though I didn't really get any. Right now my live tile is stuck saying I received 10 new notifications. Nothing really new happened in the app though (right now I use the official Facebook Beta but that problem occured with the MS Facebook App as well).
I also receive push notifications saying that someone updated their status or something similar. Those notifications are pretty random. Sometimes their actal status update was days ago, sometimes it's from people I added but don't really follow too.

Anyone else having these problems or can tell me how I can get rid of it without turning all notifications off? I still want to get them but only if something related to my profile happended or if someone updated their status and I specifically said I want to receive notifications if they do so.

Thanks!

you can check for updates for the app, there was one yesterday. Or reinstall the app.
I've not used the app but are there any settings for notifications within the app?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs