Facial Recognition? Better ways to find images

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Does OneDrive have any kind of facial recognition? Picassa the desktop app I think does.
Any better ways to search through images with OneDrive? Any other MS apps I can run my photos through to help sort them?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mr. V

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
5 things OneDrive still needs to rival Google Photos and iCloud

Looks like MS has the technology, but has not implemented in OneDrive

. Face recognition

Sure, Google’s ability to categorize photos by face is kind of creepy. But it’s also a game-changer that makes all other photo libraries seem obsolete. With no manual tagging required, Google Photos lets you look up photos of your kids or your friends, and scroll back through a lifetime of pictures—sometimes stretching all the way back to birth. The facial recognition happens automatically, and if you decide to add a name, Google keeps those labels private.
googlephotosfaces

Google Photos lets you browse photos by face.

Microsoft has some impressive facial recognition technology under its belt. The company’s Face API, can detect facial features and identify people from previous images, while the Emotion API can understand people’s expressions. And yet, Microsoft hasn’t bothered to bring those features to OneDrive.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I found this and tried it out. Pretty cool
But it still doesn't allow you to search by metadata - like where the photo was taken, even the the geolocation is stored and even shows you on the map.
Be nice to type in a city name, and photos show up from there, then filter by date.
Also, it does not allow you to tag people via facial recognition. I was hoping I could tag my face once, and it would find the rest or ask me who the person is if not sure.

Maybe one day.

I have tons of photos to sort through and share...

Thoughts, opinions?

Mr. V

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilia.1011sh