Facial Recognition & Tagging App Recommendations

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey Windows Central, what are your recommendations for the best Windows app for facial recognition and tagging of photos.

I've been using Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer for a while. And have never been impressed with its facial recognition & tagging. (And MS Photos has just never really worked at all.)

I'm willing to pay for the app, and would like something like Photoshop in terms of total features.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As near as I can tell GIMP does not offer facial recognition and tagging.

You're correct - it doesn't have anything like that. The best 'free' option would be the facial recognition built into the MS Photo's app (which has been surprisingly good) - or Google photos (if you want to give up your data to them). I can't in good conscience suggest any Adobe product anymore since they went to their overpriced subscription service.

To be honest, I don't think you will find a great answer to your question here - but you may want to post your question on a sub-Reddit like r/photography, or r/PhotographyProTips. There are a bunch of other subs to explore too, but I'd think the first one (photoshop) will have some suggestions. If you find one, please update this thread so others see. :)

Last edited:

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The best 'free' option would be the facial recognition built into the MS Photo's app (which has been surprisingly good)

I'm surprised by your "surprising good" comment about MS Photos. I cannot get it to scan more than a couple of dozen of the several 1,000 photos I have stored on OneDrive.

That's why I'm looking for another option. Even willing to pay for a good app.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised by your "surprising good" comment about MS Photos. I cannot get it to scan more than a couple of dozen of the several 1,000 photos I have stored on OneDrive.

That's why I'm looking for another option. Even willing to pay for a good app.

Interesting - I've had no major issues with it and it has been pretty accurate so far... BUT - I'm not using it on that many photos locally - and I'm far from a power user for that function. That's why I suggested also posing your question to the experts over in those Reddit groups.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss