• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Family safety screen time across devices

fshrago

Dec 29, 2013
I use windows 10 family safety and am generally happy with it. However there is either a bug or a feature with screen time.

I have 3 devices that my kids can log on to using their own windows 10 account. Screen time is set to 3 hours per day. Family safety correctly shuts down access to the device after three hours. However, the kid can then switch to a different device and have another 3 hours. Ie screen time appears to be per device, not per account as i would have thought it should be.

Chintan Gohel

Ambassador
May 23, 2014
I use windows 10 family safety and am generally happy with it. However there is either a bug or a feature with screen time.

I have 3 devices that my kids can log on to using their own windows 10 account. Screen time is set to 3 hours per day. Family safety correctly shuts down access to the device after three hours. However, the kid can then switch to a different device and have another 3 hours. Ie screen time appears to be per device, not per account as i would have thought it should be.

so your kids have different accounts? Or everyone uses the same account?