file manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Of everything marked completed, it's sad to see that notification center wasn't one of them. I really hope they implement this.

Question: When is the 8.1 update going to be released? Q1 or Q2

Q1 as far as we know. I keep hearing Feb for the official release but no idea when it will be available for our phones.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Q1 as far as we know. I keep hearing Feb for the official release but no idea when it will be available for our phones.
Yes, that's the thing isn't it. It's official release is generally not when people get it OTA, as we know.
What I'm hoping for, is that this is just an OS release, so hopefully we'll be able to install this through the developer method like GDR3. If it's coming down OTA with Firmware... well, you can add some more months on to it, we'll be looking at Spring time at the earliest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's the thing isn't it. It's official release is generally not when people get it OTA, as we know.
What I'm hoping for, is that this is just an OS release, so hopefully we'll be able to install this through the developer method like GDR3. If it's coming down OTA with Firmware... well, you can add some more months on to it, we'll be looking at Spring time at the earliest.

No one said Nokia/MS were quick and no one said carriers had any care towards their customers. We'll get it when we get it. Complaining and whining are fine but it gets tiring when that's all that's posted in this forum.
<RANT>
I'm all for letting off a bit of frustration now and again but it just seems to me that people just come to this forum to complain all the time. Some ask for help, sometimes not bothering to learn anything about their phone before buying or looking up windowsphone.com but I guess that's the way the world is these days. Best to let people know you think the world is ending and begging for help.</RANT>

As for any of these features coming to WP, I can wait. It's no big deal to me one way or the other. I still believe SD cards are horrible things and nothing will change my mind of that fact. I want to see WP succeed, I just hope it does it gracefully.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I am not happy at all with sd card think. This is surely going to give a good time for hacker to pirate app. It will be a bad news for developers. And so a bad news for just a small platform. Android can live with piracy(help dead triger had 80%pirat rate developer was forced to make it free) as they have enough mass of paid customer to sustain development

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hope Ms make security enuff tight to prevent stealing of apps. I am quit happy with current system. File manager is ok but instaling to sdcard is going to be a bad idea. Oem will also avoid giving more internal memory to devices as apps can be stored in sd card. Also apps from sd card dosent work will. Even google stoped installation on sd card only rooted or pre ice can do it.
Bad move Ms bad move.
Also this might make customer opt for more lower end devices than higher end wp. One product will just cannibalise other..

ilovenokia

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed, such a stupid mistake, I think there is a war inside Microsoft itself to decide the future of Windows Phone 8, the e-mails we received is a side of this war

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed, such a stupid mistake, I think there is a war inside Microsoft itself to decide the future of Windows Phone 8, the e-mails we received is a side of this war

I doubt it'll be like that. most likely it was prematurely completed. I have a relative who works at MS HQ in the WP division and there is no war going on...... But in my opinion. you'll be surprised on whats going on in the future of MS products

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not happy at all with sd card think. This is surely going to give a good time for hacker to pirate app. It will be a bad news for developers. And so a bad news for just a small platform. Android can live with piracy(help dead triger had 80%pirat rate developer was forced to make it free) as they have enough mass of paid customer to sustain development

This point of view is so narrow and false it's criminal- and I see it repeated here often.

Android does have piracy, but it has nothing to do with the SD card at all. In fact many apps can't actually be saved to the card if the developer doesn't want it to. The piracy on android has to do with the fact that it's an open platform with what little security there was blown wide open long ago.

If piracy did have something to do with the card, wtf is your suggestion? We screw all WP users over by maiming the platform and making everyone miserable? Really? Let me guess, you're also the type of person that thinks DRM is a good thing.

Moreover *you already can download xaps*. Why is piracy not an issue? Because they're encrypted. MS can and will easily implement a bitlocker partition or some other kind of security for developers. Really guys, it doesn't take much imagination to create a solution to make everyone happy- use your brain. Besides, MS has been all about protecting developer content- do you really think they're going to just drop all that now?

Now consider the possibility that someone does find an exploit with the updated SD method. What happens? Depending on the severity of the exploit, hackers would find security holes for MS to patch up. Hackers could release programs and apps for us to improve our system, enabling us more customization, functionality and power.

Win win.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hope Ms make security enuff tight to prevent stealing of apps. I am quit happy with current system. File manager is ok but instaling to sdcard is going to be a bad idea. Oem will also avoid giving more internal memory to devices as apps can be stored in sd card. Also apps from sd card dosent work will. Even google stoped installation on sd card only rooted or pre ice can do it.

Bad move Ms bad move.

Also this might make customer opt for more lower end devices than higher end wp. One product will just cannibalise other..

is there any unlike button?
Piracy is not an issue, people who use pirated products never pay for anything.. They always try to get stuffs free... So piracy wont affect a ship... :)

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
why they couldn't see it? if this were true ALL the WP users will be happy about it.. and if people are happy about a product they buy it more, so why not? there are some many things, some easy, some hard to implement, that can transform WP into the best OS mobile ever, i really can't understand if they just "can't decide" or if they are so sure that "our comments doesn't matter because we're not experienced enough to decide whats good for WP" :|

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: File Manager and SD card support probably confirmed!

I am pretty sure anyone who voted for those three items got emails that they are now in WP8. I think the wording is a little off. But it was nice to be notifyed even if it really takes us another year to actually get them. Could be SPAM however and none of it means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sauceruney