FileEx for Windows Phone 8.1

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
So far I have these additions for Monday release:
- tap and hold menu for items
- fixed bugs with folders and files reopening
- updated about view

Tomorrow I will give the flyout menu some functionality and on Monday the update will be live.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
New version is in store (1.1.1.10), eventually needed to move tap and hold for the very next release, as I discovered an annoying bug, that needs to be sorted out.
The new version has some redesigns, accent color for folders and updated views. Also, performance is now improved a little :) .

Next version can be expected as early as on Wednesday if everything goes as planned :)

Last edited:

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Ashhar, thank you for your great suggestions :) .
1) Great idea, didn't even think about it, but it is very useful! Will include in FileEx.
2) I will enable multiple different kinds of "view" similarly to desktop explorer on Windows after OneDrive and Dropbox integration is finished :)

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
New version just went through the certification :) .

Includes:
- performance fixes
- inverse selection (thank you Ashhar :) )
- temporarily hidden the file picker contract as it was not implemented
- a hidden easter egg - who will find it first :-D ?

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Feature Request:
1. If possible, access to Bluetooth Save folder.
2. Archiving abilities, zip and/or rar.

Thanks for the great work.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello Dnamb,

thank you for using FileEx :) .
1) Bluetooth Save folder access - I will see what is possible and if system will allow me access somehow.
2) Archiving is on my checklist, for sure :)

Now I'm still working on OneDrive and Dropbox integration, there are quite many things that must be done right for it all to work and so I'm better taking time to make it just right instead of rushing it too much. But you can expect another smaller update today or tomorrow at least, before it gets done!

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
New version is out, this time 1.1.2.15:
- bugfixes
- better light theme support
- tap & hold for "open" and "properties" commands

Cloud integration should be almost ready, just needs some finishing touches and testing!

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello all FileEx users,

I am very sorry that the cloud integration is taking so long. Although most of the code is almost done, there are still some things to do, especially on the UI side. And then also testing, because it is never a bad thing to be sure that every critical code does what it should when it comes to handling your files.
On top of it all now come several exams in school, so that is taking me more time that expected that I could give to the app... Sorry about that too, but be sure that I am listening to the feedback and even if adding the new features now takes longer, I am doing my very best...

In the meantime, at least a little peek
addcloudlocation.png

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you :) . Well it is not school per se - university, age 20.
I'm studying computer science, but to say the truth, it is basically jsut math to a large extent :-D .

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm just one year behind you and studying the same things. This is my first year of college(3 more and I will be free). Well, you have a great programming skill.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
New version of FileEx (1.3.1.18) is just going through certification, now we have background image support, so you can personalize it as you see fit :) . This feature is in Premium-preview mode :) .

kcb7fs.jpg24g9lyh.jpg

Last edited:

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
New version of FileEx is coming out today - 1.4.1.19.
You can now set up a passcode in settings to restrict others access to FileEx :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Ashhar!
I'm not 100 % sure it will apply here, as I'm using the new ListView controls that are identical to the Windows 8.1 ones, but the advice seems quite general, so it could help, I will give it a shot :) !

Thank you again very much for helping me :) !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen