First Lumia 1020 RAW samples

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
My 808-like 8MPX version of the cat pic.

gmzk.jpg

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
From the comments though it sounds like you lose the on-phone reframe and reprocess option when using the RAW option. That makes no sense to me, I don't see why it would be treated any differently in that regard. Clearly the phone can process images, so I don't have any idea why it wouldn't be able to repeat that process with a cropped section of it.

Still, it's pretty interesting to have this option at all.

For what it's worth too, Microsoft does have a Windows "Camera Codec Pack" that will let you view certain cameras' RAW images in Windows itself. Hopefully, if whatever version of the format Nokia is using isn't already supported, then they can get Microsoft to add it to that soon.

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Impresionantes Juanma, simplemente geniales, terminaste comprando esta bestia! ^^

PD: Reci?n leo que las bajaste :grin:

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Impresionantes Juanma, simplemente geniales, terminaste comprando esta bestia! ^^

Actually They're not mine! Nokia provided them at that web. Did you read it? I just made my own versions of the DNG files in PhotoShop according to my personal taste...
I wish I had a 1020 but I don't :(

BTW, do we know each other?
Pd: Try to write in English since this is an English forum :$

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
what is with that large file?..are RAW have to be that large? Are there any free software we can use to edit view RAW files?

Based on earlier comments in this thread and a quick search, it doesn't look like there's any good free software to work with RAW files.

But, I found a program called nama5 that is only 25 euros (quite a bit cheaper than PS/Lightroom!) and has a free demo version. I confirmed that it works fine with Nokia's cat picture in DNG format as linked to earlier in this thread. Its UI is unconventional but I found it easy to pick up and full of thoughtful details and features that go beyond just RAW processing. I would be very curious to hear from a Lightroom user how this compares.

One interesting thing I noticed.. In the info that nama5 displays for Nokia's sample DNG file it shows the "software" as "Nokia RAW-to-DNG converter v01.00.06". So it seems there's some other RAW format behind the DNG, which is not too surprising, but I wonder how/when this "RAW-to-DNG converter" runs.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My 808-like 8MPX version of the cat pic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/7190/gmzk.jpg

Yes, nice and clean :) The only thing is that the 808 won't make that color pop as much unless you use vivid colors and bring up the saturation a little bit.

Regardless, it looks great.

We need a landscape shot that's fully in focus to play with. That one with the girl holding the phone is okay, but the background is not in focus.. otherwise the DR is very good, unless they were holding a light behind her back.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
That picture of the sand is really cool. Gonna let the price drop just a bit more then I'm gonna have to jump on an L1020.

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually They're not mine! Nokia provided them at that web. Did you read it? I just made my own versions of the DNG files in PhotoShop according to my personal taste...
I wish I had a 1020 but I don't :(

BTW, do we know each other?
Pd: Try to write in English since this is an English forum :$

Idc (? yes, I'm Mindtaker of HTC... you know

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Whew! Looking real good. I love my 1020 even more now that it's getting a lot of love in terms of updates like this. Too bad the 64GB edition wasn't made available here in the Philippines. Those extra GBs would come handy when this update comes :D

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Whew! Looking real good. I love my 1020 even more now that it's getting a lot of love in terms of updates like this. Too bad the 64GB edition wasn't made available here in the Philippines. Those extra GBs would come handy when this update comes :D

Same here with the 1020 on ATT + Nokia was lazy to even put in a microSD slot, what a shame.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome shots! Can't wait to get this on my Lumia 1020, it will make my amateur photography experimentation THAT much better!!! And in my efforts to open up the raw photos, the Windows Store automatically directed me to the free app Fotor. For a free app, that thing is NICE!!! I'm using it as we speak to touch up photos I've already taken on my Lumia 1020, it's making great photos that much better. :)

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Those look fantastic. I'm gonna have to do another paid shoot with my 1020, but this time in RAW. Just gotta figure out what I want to shoot and find a willing client.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome shots! Can't wait to get this on my Lumia 1020, it will make my amateur photography experimentation THAT much better!!! And in my efforts to open up the raw photos, the Windows Store automatically directed me to the free app Fotor. For a free app, that thing is NICE!!! I'm using it as we speak to touch up photos I've already taken on my Lumia 1020, it's making great photos that much better. :)

Interestingly, Fotor also exists for WP8, but there seems to be no way to select a DNG image to open. I wonder if one of the hold-ups is waiting for MS to get a WP update that can let users at least open the DNG. Interestingly, if that is the case, it's worth noting that one of Nokia's claims for using WP8 was to remove their need to worry about the software development lagging behind their hardware...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire