flash help needed

goyuval3

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi again,
i have a lumia 920 with rm-822 inside (bought in china),
i have been trying to flash it to rm-821 version with no success.
i get this error:
"The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device"
i tried 3 different versions so far.
what am i doing wrong?
what is the platform ID anyway?
can anyone help me please?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi again,
i have a lumia 920 with rm-822 inside (bought in china),
i have been trying to flash it to rm-821 version with no success.
i get this error:
"The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device"
i tried 3 different versions so far.
what am i doing wrong?
what is the platform ID anyway?
can anyone help me please?

I am not sure is it possible to do (from rm-822 to rm-821) ... and if it is possible how ? :( ... did you make a folder as rm-821 or rm-822 ?

Did you try this way, like I suggested here (phone connected by USB cable, but a connection closed):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203979-12.htm#post1911928

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jaripi,
the nokia care suite does not allow me to open 822 folder so i created an 821 folder and put the files inside

Did you chose your phone as rm-821 or rm-822 in Product support tool for store ? - did you see your firmware listed on a display (it should mention what fw it found from your computer) ... did you read my link instructions (it is flashing an unconnected phone, recovery option) ? - you can try by that method, but I have no idea how it will work ... I have flashed only the different rm-821 firmwares (different country varieties and versions, even then it asks me that do you really want flash unproper fw) ...

goyuval3

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
i will try flashing offline now.
hope it will work, i hate the fact that i have a phone i like but cant do anything with it :-S

goyuval3

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
nope!!
the same error again
"0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device"
no hope???
anyone want's a chinese lumia 920??
never been used :(

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, you could try rename the files (to pass ID check), specially that FFU file ... but it is a high risk procedure ...

goyuval3

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
hi Jaripi,
i did try the xda forum but no luck.
the post you send me is related to htc devices and not lumia920
i will try however again
thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads