Flash mode loop? l520

Ivan Mag-isa

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i had a problem with my old 520 that i gave to my sister. It suddenly had this problem that the phone keeps on rebooting and rebooting. I try to flash the phone but when the process is on "switching to flash mode.." The phone reboot again so the flashing is not always succesful. Any workaround? (can't do a soft reset because the volume down button is broken)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520

Power off the phone. Open the back of the phone and pull the battery. (For safety of the cards you should also remove the SIM and the microSD.)

Open your Recovery Tool on your computer.

Plug the phone into USB. Hold Volume down and insert the battery. Your sister's 520 should go into flash mode.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Ivan Mag-isa

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Power off the phone. Open the back of the phone and pull the battery. (For safety of the cards you should also remove the SIM and the microSD.)

Open your Recovery Tool on your computer.

Plug the phone into USB. Hold Volume down and insert the battery. Your sister's 520 should go into flash mode.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

When the 520 is in the flash mode, it will restart again and the flash mode will not continue

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

When the 520 is in the flash mode, it will restart again and the flash mode will not continue
If your volume down button is broken that might be why it keeps restarting while in flash mode. Your probably going to have to find a way to fix that. That's why it goes to flash mode when it restarts and restarts. Fix the volume down button issue and I'm sure you'll be able to fix the rest from there.

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Try restarting it and see if it boot loops. If it does then try putting it back in flash mode. On my 830 while in flash mode I can press volume up, volume down, power button and then volume down to do a hard reset.

Ivan Mag-isa

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm using device recovery, my problem is, when it switching to flashing mode, the phone reboot and the "operation ended with failure."

Ivan Mag-isa

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

There's no error code, the recovery tool just says the operation ended with failure. And my phone will start normally, until on the start screen, few minutes then it will boot again

majid zoghi

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem
And the only solution that I found it, buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
And never never never do not buy Windows Phone
Microsoft is irresponsible for a company against its own problems
(Translated by Google)

newgamertag

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem
And the only solution that I found it, buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
And never never never do not buy Windows Phone
Microsoft is irresponsible for a company against its own problems
(Translated by Google)

Well then you know longer need to be in these forums then. Bye.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

A few tricks others have reported that work in certain cases:

- trying different usb ports/ cables (original usb cable is always the best)
- trying a usb hub
- using Nokia Software Recovery Tool instead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte