FM Radio (8.1)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

As we all know MS gave us an FM Radio..
No big deal right? Well as it turns out you can now blast your music through a separate speaker if you have one of course.
In the menu users are now able to use their phone exactly like a small transistor radio, useful for listing to match commentary or a radio station while working.

The app also has other improvements, such as being able to pin a station to start, and some UI changes.

Just a quick tip for those that still listen to local radio :)
The only downside is you still need to plug in the headphones to act like an antenna :/ :confused:

Ashish Mohta

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
This feature was there in Windows Phone 8 as well. Problem was not everybody knew that the FB radio could be long pressed to get those options. So in WP 8.1, FM radio just had minor UI bump!!!

Cheers!
Ashish

Terry Mason

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Can I get some help with the radio please? With the windows 8.1 update when I click on radio it now acts like the radio stream on the PC version (aka Pandora) were do I fine the FM radio?
Thanks for the help.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
in 8.1 Update i think we missed the feature like viewing the Storing Stations and need auto tuning option too :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
But you can't send it over Bluetooth. For some reason, when you send it to the speaker it ignores the Bluetooth music connection.

8.1 seems to have some problems with BT... Hope it's solved before 8.1 is available for the world... oh wait it already kinda is :/

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This thread is a bit confusing. FM radio used to be in the Music app, now it still says Radio, but you get a message that you have to be logged in. Did FM Radio move to a separate app? If so, what's it called?

Ish68

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think some of the people working for Microsoft (Nokia) need to give their heads a good shake. I felt like listening to some music and knowing it was sold as having both an FM and internet radio feature I thought I'd look at them for a change.

I couldn't believe what I found! The FM Radio on my old Nokia Lumia 800 worked loads better and it had a great Internet Radio app, but the 925 does not include the Internet radio app (that I can find) and an old 50's radio has more features. I cannot believe you can't save stations with a name and it does not have an auto search. I can purchase a FM radio for less than ?10 that would include pre-sets (standard these days) and I purchased a leather FM, DAB radio from Tesco's for ?8 in the sales last year. If they include something they could at least create a good app to work with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon