freezing at night

Nate Hayes

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! Something weird has started happening to my Nokia Icon. It's been working great but lately I wake up to a frozen phone! I go to sleep, and it's working normally, then in the morning I push the "wake" button and the screen comes on, usually showing a time from a few hours earlier, and then it's frozen. I have to do a reset to restart the phone and then it works fine. I thought at first it was because I was leaving it on the charging pillow but it happens even if it's just sitting on the table. Any suggestions?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Basically the same thing shared happening to me this week, hadn't thought to check the time but only happens in the morning when the alarm goes off and I hit snooze or dismiss, it stops accepting any touch input. Only thing I could think of was that it was from a drop, but it may not be after all

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! Something weird has started happening to my Nokia Icon. It's been working great but lately I wake up to a frozen phone! I go to sleep, and it's working normally, then in the morning I push the "wake" button and the screen comes on, usually showing a time from a few hours earlier, and then it's frozen. I have to do a reset to restart the phone and then it works fine. I thought at first it was because I was leaving it on the charging pillow but it happens even if it's just sitting on the table. Any suggestions?

Did you install an app recently? Sounds like something might be trying to update.

wkgray

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having same issue. last two nights phone has frozen around 2 - 3 in morning. I've been running 8.1 since week it was released without any of the issues others have encountered and now all of sudden I have a freezing phone. I thought about something trying to update, but haven't installed any new apps lately. The only thing I have done is sync a email account that's tied to my MS Account.

Chezjuan

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This just started happening to me as well. I have a Lumia Icon with Windows 8.1 and every morning I have to restart it. Basically, it works for an unlock and one or two wipes, then becomes unresponsive and either restarts itself or I need to hard restart it.

After that it works fine all day. I haven't been using any new apps in since it started doing this. I'm hoping the update that just came out may do something...

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
this has been happening to me as well for the past 5-7 days. thankfully my alarm goes off, but it's frozen. what happened to suddenly cause this for us?? weird

I also had it happen one time during the day time. but it's been almost every morning for the past week.

do you guys use the automatic quiet hours? i'm wondering if that could be it

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
yesterday's 8.1 update didn't fix the problem. happened again this morning. going to try not using quiet hours

wkgray

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope update didn't fix on my Icon either. Mines only been doing it since this past weekend. I don't use "quite hours" so I know it's not that. Strange thing is on mine, when I wake it in morning, it's good for maybe one finger swipe and then it locks up. I either have to power down or it does it on it's own. After this it works great rest of day. Beginning to wonder if maybe Verizon isn't doing something and it's affecting any of us who already have 8.1. I say this because my wife also has an Icon that is still on WP8 and hers is fine.

UPDATED - After looking through some of the other threads it seems the Clock Hub app is causing what sounds like the same issue. Seems the app locks up after phone has been idle for a period of time. After reading this it dawned on me that my weather app live tile was still updating but the clock hub had stopped sometime during the night.

Is anyone else using the Clock Hub App that having this problem?

Last edited:

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the clock hub app and am having the same problems. Keep forgetting to see if the time is freezing as it happens to me when my alarm goes off, enough to just hit snooze and lose all other responsiveness

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I am using the clock hub app..... but I've been using it since it came out. I wonder why it just started being a problem now

wkgray

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
From what I can tell, the Clock Hub app update sometime around Friday night. The update removed the display weather option. I've removed app and reinstalled from store. If that doesn't solve problem, I'm gonna uninstall and see if the problem goes away.

UPDATE - Unistalled Clock Hub app. Installed a different clock tile app and issue seems to be gone. Don't know if this will solve everyone elses problem, but seems to have fixed my Icon.

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, the Clock Hub app update sometime around Friday night. The update removed the display weather option. I've removed app and reinstalled from store. If that doesn't solve problem, I'm gonna uninstall and see if the problem goes away.

UPDATE - Unistalled Clock Hub app. Installed a different clock tile app and issue seems to be gone. Don't know if this will solve everyone elses problem, but seems to have fixed my Icon.

From what i read here, it was indeed the same issue i was having. I think you may have seen my thread here:http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ezing-charging-plate-bug-8-1-dev-preview.html ?

The app was updated 27/5/14 and caused my 920 to lock up on waking/removing from charging plate. Once the app was uninstalled, I have had no re-occurance of this issue and the phone is completely normal.

Can i ask which clock app you replaced it with? - been looking for an alternative.

DrWMJ

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
My Icon with 8.1 started freezing at night after the clock hub update similar to those described above. Uninstalling the app has resolved the issue. I am grateful for the diligence of the posters here on this forum in figuring this out and sharing their experience. I doubt that Verizon support would have had any clue as to how to fix the "night freeze".

wkgray

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry few days in responding to your question, went to the mountains for weekend get away, no wifi. I installed "Tile Clock" app from the WP App store. Haven't had any issues so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963