Freezing Phone (Black Screen, Unresponsive To The Power Button)

ReverendDC

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and I love it. However, about once every one to two days, and occasionally twice in a day, my phone locks up. It doesn't reboot, it simply becomes non-functional on a black screen. I am unable to press the power button and have it turn back on. I have to resort to the coo down/power restart.

After hearing about various issues with Skype, I decided to delete the app for the time being. So far so good. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how you overcame it if you do/did. Thanks!

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Try volume down and power for 10 seconds, does a soft reset equivalent to pulling the battery. Also, if you have a bunch of push notifications turned on that may be a cause, or words with friends was the main cause of mine. I deleted wwf and haven't had a problem since.

Kendra N

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting this!! First time this has happened for me, but my phone restarted! *phew* Guess I will delete skype based on the 1st users recommendation.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Amber update got many problems solived on my phone but... with Black/gdr3 (especially gdr3) update (i updated with developer preview) the bugs come in again for me. Now i have frequent hangups, a little less frequent random reboot) and slow loading process....

Attawolf

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
happend to me today, i recently updated my 925 to lumia black (4 days ago, Telcel Carrier in Mexico), did the volume down+power button thing and solved the problem.

thanks a lot guys!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)