From WP to My 1st Android Phone...Why I left...and Why I'll Be Back!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
i just bought a nexus 7 2012 model which was deemed a pretty good tablet by the tech world ..... it still lags on 4.4.3 and to be honest android is a bit of a mess and a proper data collector ..... it makes me happy to use my 1020 as my daily driver and has completely put me off buying a top end android phone ..... i will be sticking with windows phone and probably selling the nexus 7 and buying a surface2 or dell venue 8 or Toshiba encore 8

the only thing that does annoy me about windows phone is the quality of the apps , things like Skype , whatsapp , instagram and Skype should be equal to apps on other operating systems by now but they aren't , i find this a little worrying ..... then again on the flipside if i download an app on windows phone it works on android it might not ..... perfect example was a family guy app , windows phone i download it and every episode i clicked played , on android every episode i clicked didn't work , little things like that bug me with android and make me smile with windows phone

however as an operating system i much prefer it to android , how fluid it is , how its set up , how you can set it up without spending hours on a home screen because widgets are all different sizes and don't fit together well , its just much more tidy and makes more sense and its getting better and better , it isn't perfect but as another user said i find it a lot less buggy then android

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i just bought a nexus 7 2012 model which was deemed a pretty good tablet by the tech world ..... it still lags on 4.4.3 and to be honest android is a bit of a mess and a proper data collector ..... it makes me happy to use my 1020 as my daily driver and has completely put me off buying a top end android phone ..... i will be sticking with windows phone and probably selling the nexus 7 and buying a surface2 or dell venue 8 or Toshiba encore 8

the only thing that does annoy me about windows phone is the quality of the apps , things like Skype , whatsapp , instagram and Skype should be equal to apps on other operating systems by now but they aren't , i find this a little worrying ..... then again on the flipside if i download an app on windows phone it works on android it might not ..... perfect example was a family guy app , windows phone i download it and every episode i clicked played , on android every episode i clicked didn't work , little things like that bug me with android and make me smile with windows phone

however as an operating system i much prefer it to android , how fluid it is , how its set up , how you can set it up without spending hours on a home screen because widgets are all different sizes and don't fit together well , its just much more tidy and makes more sense and its getting better and better , it isn't perfect but as another user said i find it a lot less buggy then android

I just bought an Asus vivotab note 8, it's really nice. Wacom digitizer and built in stylus really come in handy and work really well. Great battery life too.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an Asus vivotab note 8, it's really nice. Wacom digitizer and built in stylus really come in handy and work really well. Great battery life too.

I was torn between that and the VivoTab RT. I really like having a Wacom stylus but the 8" screen just doesn't do it for me. I had the Acer W3 and despite the reviews it was a nice unit. But I couldn't get past the small screen especially in desktop mode. This RT is great and I love the keyboard dock. Because I scan a lot of documents on a daily basis, the 8MP camera with auto-focus and flash was the deciding factor.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I was torn between that and the VivoTab RT. I really like having a Wacom stylus but the 8" screen just doesn't do it for me. I had the Acer W3 and despite the reviews it was a nice unit. But I couldn't get past the small screen especially in desktop mode. This RT is great and I love the keyboard dock. Because I scan a lot of documents on a daily basis, the 8MP camera with auto-focus and flash was the deciding factor.
I had a Sony xperia tablet z, and it was a little big for me. 10 inches is great for watching movies but not very portable. I actually use my vivotab more like a mobile device, my desktop is empty and I only use it when I have to. Like for example to use Google chrome to cast my videos to chromecast. It's really nice having the hybrid functionality of a touch based mobile device with the full capability of a PC. I don't miss Android tablets at all.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, Android tablets are not for me either. I did try out the Atrix phone with the lapdock but there was so much missing functionality that I couldn't make it a daily affair. The idea was good but the execution left much to be desired. It was a lot better than the Celio Redfly companion from the WM days but not having a touchscreen is still a no-no.
Sent from my Ativ S Neo using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)