Full, official YouTube app

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
See I thought it wasn't in the OS, duh. I put some videos in videos folder, and well they don't need to be uploaded, but I thought the uploading wasn't there. Put them in camera roll folder, good to go. Damn Microsoft .

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This is another "milestone hit" for the Windows Phone platform and it came in a gorgeous way as well!
Following Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare.

All of them went from a decent UI but poor functionalities to gorgeous amazing full Apps!

So nice

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with it jumping between v1.0 and v2.0? have had 6 notifications so far of an update to youtube and each time its either v1 or v2. Im in UK with L820

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Instagram or Snapchat, but if WP were to get those and a couple of other big name apps then it really would push WP closer to iOS and Android in terms of ecosystem. I know WP is miles behind in terms of raw app count but it would mean that people could stop using the lack of big name apps as an excuse to avoid WP.

murtagh360

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with it jumping between v1.0 and v2.0? have had 6 notifications so far of an update to youtube and each time its either v1 or v2. Im in UK with L820

Yeah I keep getting that. It now wants me to "update" to v1.0 from v2.0.

I would of thought they had sorted it out by now

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain why the Toggle to full screen button takes me to landscape mode, but when I rotate the device to portrait orientation it doesn't respond. I am forced to use the toggle button again to get back to portrait.
I hope I am not the only one who observed this.

(the yellow oval is the toggle button I am ranting abt)
wp_ss_20130508_0002.jpg

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

The new YouTube app is available in UK. I've just downloaded it, and it looks better than the screen shots.

Furthermore, I hate to say it, but this app is better than Metrotube, as it is more up to date in terms of comments. Nevertheless, I'm still going to keep Metrotube because paid for it -- well I say paid, I donated 79p, as the app is free.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It's more full featured than any other client because Microsoft simply has access to functionality that third parties don't. I think this will be my backup client for situations where myTube doesn't cut it. I hope it turns out fine for Lazyworm and Ryken, they've put a tonne of effort into their clients and deserve credit for it.

Anyone else getting jittery animations when navigating through the app? I'm getting instances where the app bar is popping in and out, screen flashes for a split second, etc. It doesn't feel fully native.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
It's more full featured than any other client because Microsoft simply has access to functionality that third parties don't. I think this will be my backup client for situations where myTube doesn't cut it. I hope it turns out fine for Lazyworm and Ryken, they've put a tonne of effort into their clients and deserve credit for it.

Anyone else getting jittery animations when navigating through the app? I'm getting instances where the app bar is popping in and out, screen flashes for a split second, etc. It doesn't feel fully native.

I totally agree regarding their efforts, that is why I donated money because I appreciate what they have done.

It's not jittery, but it's kind of slow to show everything, like when websites take time to load -- Metrotube is a lot faster that's for sure.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Meh, doesn't allow directly replying to comments or accessing your inbox, so I'm sticking with the mobile YouTube browser site.

Other than that I really like where it's going.

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes i got that Version 3.0 update of Youtube. The error which i used to get on Youtube.com "sorry we can't play this file on your phone " has also disappeared. I'm happy with new app. Has great user interface . Now no need of any other Youtube apps. Thank you to Microsoft:smile:

tositem

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Got the news after i purchase myTube app, but that's okay. Finally an appropriate app for youtube.

Thx MS & Google, for collaborating :D

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get the - Youtube_WP: Version 3.0.4888.1: Problem Report error when opening the application?
Asks me to send a report to microsoft.

The error message is related to 'Operation not permitted on IsolatedStorageFileStream'

HTC 8x opening app from home screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria