FYI: IF you use Windows Media Center on 10 with cablecards DONT UPGRADE (anniversary)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This is just a FYI for fellow Windows Media Center users on Windows 10. If you use cablecards, DO NOT UPGRADE to the anniversary upgrade. It will break the connection.

Windows Media Center no longer will see the cablecard any more after the upgrade. This has been confirmed by Ceton and HDR users. After installing your cablecard software, WMC will just show "No tuner found" There has been a lot of reports of it.

There is a bunch of people looking into it.

If you do not use WIndows Media Center or hate it, or just want to bash it, PLEASE do not reply to this thread. There are no need for useless posts like that.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this information. I trust you'll be keeping us up to date on this situation and its eventual (I hope) resolution.

Been watching like crazy. Nothing as of yet. So I hope something comes up soon. It could be something that Microsoft did during this upgrade. Still investigating.

When I know, I'll post here....

thoots

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Umm, so how do you "not upgrade?" That's the rub with Windows 10 -- you have no rights to control whatever Microsoft decides to install on your computer. I sure can't comprehend how you can keep Windows 10 from just updating whenever it wants to. What am I missing here?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Figures it would. I'm just hoping against hope that somehow WMC will morph into a UWP and be available on my Windows devices. I'm sure I actually could be persuaded to pay for it again too if it worked right.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They changed the driver signing protection in AU, but that's not supposed to be enforced unless you're doing a clean install - and only on PCs with Secure Boot enabled. Does Device Manager show the cable card installed and OK with the manufacturer's driver?

TIWANX

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
the crazy thing is that me HDHR:prime viewer software works with win 10 AE (but no premium channels though) :crying::sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb