Galaxy S4 Camera Dominates the competition.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not just talking the camera performance, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs that Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. They're ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

No, you're just oblivious to how phone tech works. It moves very quickly, for starters. Having a SoC that's a year newer is a MAJOR leap forward, as this is something of an infant technology, in terms of widespread use, when compared to x86 CPUs. The tech's growing rapidly and becoming faster by leaps and bounds each year. That the Exynos 5, a fresh SoC, can top an early-2012 MSM8960 S4 is completely meaningless, because it's simply saying your tech is better than its predecessor. The point of comparison is the Snapdragon 600/800. The Galaxy S4 is actually using the Snapdragon 600 in its widespread release, so not even the CREATOR of the SoC is using the Exynos widely, and they never have.

So, are you bragging that the Galaxy S4's Snapdragon 600 is better than the Snapdragon S4? Because both SoCs are made by Qualcomm, and the competition will be using those (the HTC One is) or the Snapdragon 800 (once those actually release). Phones released in the same product cycle (except the iPhone) tend to always have the same SoC in them--whatever is the current one from Qualcomm, when we're comparing flagship devices. Even if the Exynos 5 version of the Galaxy S4 beats the Snapdragon variant, it won't matter when Samsung's limiting their availability so greatly (not even sure how much of the world's getting them, but the Snapdragon variant is listed as being the model for the US and most of Europe).

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Jaripi: like many companies do. Remember the 920 video scandal where they didn't even use a 920?
This always happens.

Keith: awesome question, since im not saying against the 920 or the n95 or the iphone3g, but obviously mean htc one and recent phones...

And while you may not see the difference between the s3 and the s4, i do. Its not that big, its like the difference between the 900 and the 920, ca.
To me the s4 clearly is a nice looking device, while the s3 is quite "meh". Like how i feel about 900 vs 920.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Jaripi: like many companies do. Remember the 920 video scandal where they didn't even use a 920?
This always happens.

I disagree, it is a big step more to to pay for a marketing company to make false statements ... Nokia's advertisement is an advertisement (it was very truthful advertisement, even it was not made by Lumia 920 - just relook it)...

Last edited:

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
True, but consider the fact that this in most likelyhood goes on with most companies. Samsung just got caught this time.
For me it matters little what they do in Taiwan, truth be told. Ill judge the phone when i get my hands on it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I judge phone cameras almost exclusively on video and lowlight. The 920 imo will be superior to the s4. The rc car demo is a great demo I always look for!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL Samsung the king of plastic! LG pwns them every time they put out a new phone, but they don't spend on marketing like Sammy does so no one notices. .

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
About S4 vs 920 in lowlight situation. It's hard for me to understand how a camera without OIS can beat one with OIS, as OIS let's you to have longer shutter times giving you more light inside. Unless you have really steady hands? Add ProShot to it extending shutter times even longer and it gives you amazing lowlight photos. I've seen many 920 night photos and they're just breathtaking if we're talking about phone shots. Can't say that for S4.
Concerning daylight photos - most phones should give comparable results, unless you're all about zooming in search of details captured or grains left by post processing.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Carlton: you mean camera, right? Or do you mean overall?

For camera: no idea, I jear disappointing things about the camera on the One, but a lot of tests were apparently some with an unfinished version of the sw, and it has picked up substantially since then.

Overall: pretty much the same, with (iirc) the s4 edging out a win when it comes to benchmarks etc., given equal cameras.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Marketing works. This reminds me of the news will report that a new album or song is controversial. Then you listen to it and there isn't any thing controversial about it but they got you to listen to it. I have notice buzz starters, mainly for SS and apple, hit the forums about how incredibly awesome this new phone is. Never lives up. Maybe this time 😉.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
But you can't dispute that hes a sharp dresser. Which is what the topic is about.

Wether or not you feel somehow that google invades your privacy or not wasn't the discussion.
Personally I have yet to see the downside of that.

And of course, child molesters are hailed as icons sometimes. Just look at Chaplin and Elvis.

I'm saying the argument is moot since I would never buy an Android device. Sorry if the analogy was lost on you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium